Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 05:46 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,130,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
There was one big, red Malmute there who had been given up after being owned for 6 years. I could NOT believe the pain in this dogs face. Honestly, I swear to you his eyes were red and he had been crying. I have never felt such hurt in my life before. From that moment on, I vowed to have NO RESPECT for anyone who ever gave up a pet due to it's being "inconvenient". I will never get the look on that dogs face out of my mind, ever.
OMG that is so sad, just read your post and it gave me shivers, that is heart beaking, I so hope he found a home, from the sounds of him, he sounds gorgeous so I hope someone adopted him and he got the love and respect he deserved
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 05:50 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,130,597 times
Talking Mac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorah View Post
I emailed Eric, who runs the rescue group, and he told me that Mac was placed in a good home yesterday. Mac's bumps turned out to be benign, and he's now in a good forever home.
Hi Leorah
I just wanted to say thank you so much for posting this fantastic news. I have not stopped thinking about this gorgeous boy since I found the ad, I was only talking to my husband about him again this morning saying if we had been closer we would have offered him a loving forever home. That is such great news, thanks again for letting us all know that has made my day!

Old 10-15-2008, 01:08 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,380,771 times
I hate the inconvenient excuse. If somebody is dieing and cant take care of a dog thats a good excuse, but I dont by the hes too old, cant move yada yada yada. Everybody knows dogs get old and should be in it for the long haul. I turned down a really good job offer in Denver, with more pay and less hours than what I am on now because the City of Denver dosent want people like me living there (with my Staff). Its too inconvenient for me to give the dog away to move to a backward City.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:50 PM

692 posts, read 3,852,823 times
I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but form the looks of that page he IS adopted. The bottom pictures are from his home check where he gets to revisit his foster mom. He lives with a couple, two cats, a dog, and a horse. He looks like he's found his forever home.

EDIT: Looks like some one already saw that.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:00 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,380,771 times
Sure did, and he looks allot happier.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:15 PM

18,671 posts, read 33,290,630 times
I sincerely thank those who work in rescue and shelters, and yes, who have to live with sweet animals being euthanized for sheer lack of a home. At least they aren't suffering, abandoned, abused, frightened, hungry... I couldn't work there, so I keep sending checks. And adopting grand seniors!
Any person who is living alone with animals (especially older people) should absolutely make a plan for that animal if it outlives the person (or if the person is going to nursing home, etc.) Don't assume your grown children will take the animal, talk about it. Many well-meaning adult kids travel for work, etc.
Where I live (eastern Mass.) it's near impossible to find any rentals that accept dogs. It's a major reason I bought a house at some significant cost.
Thank you again to all who work with the animals, either to find them homes or to make sure they aren't on the street and have a kind hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs