Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 04:11 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,403,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
OP posted this in 08. I assume if dog didn't get proper vet care he is dead by now. Very sad for somebody not to equate seeing spine and hip bones with malnutrition.
Sometimes in very old dogs, seeing sine and hip bones ARE signs of arthritis. You can feel Gator's hip bones and spine. Unfortunately its because of the advanced arthritis. His back is kinda like an "S" curve from the neck to the tail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 06:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,651 times
My 10 year old German Sheppard has recently started licking where she is laying. I'm going with the OCD thing too. She used to chase her tail all the time, which the vet told us was an anxiety, or OCD thing. Our vet informed us that anxiety and OCD is very popular in pure breeds.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,326 times
My 17 year weenie dog has become excessive the past year or two about licking the floor and food. From the minute she wakes she starts on the floor from one corner and will continue everywhere on the tile flooring. If she goes outside it will be the concrete, grass or anything else that won't move away from her so she can lick it to death. She also whines wanting food all day and I dropped a avocado on the floor and had to fight her off it the other day. When I feed my dogs I feed her in a closed bathroom because all 8 lbs of her will attack my other large dogs to get their food and of I try to move the bowl out of the way with my foot she actually attacked my foot with her 4 teeth that she has. She has always been the best girl but I think she's going senile but she still chases the trash truck back and forth behind our fencing in our yard and now anything else that goes in front of our property. She also licks the bed sheets and blankets for at least an hour before she falls asleep at night. Not sure what to do with my sweet little Lucy or how to help her.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:38 PM

1 posts, read 590 times
My dog licks the floor, couch constantly unless she's sleeping, has been doing so for years. Never thought there would be anything wrong with her. She never vomits or anything. There are 2 other dogs in the house and she is 12. I just figured she's stressed or something. My husband says she only does it when I'm home, but I have no proof she only does it when I'm home.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:03 PM

2,373 posts, read 1,912,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lw6959lm View Post
My 17 year weenie dog has become excessive the past year or two about licking the floor and food. From the minute she wakes she starts on the floor from one corner and will continue everywhere on the tile flooring. If she goes outside it will be the concrete, grass or anything else that won't move away from her so she can lick it to death. She also whines wanting food all day and I dropped a avocado on the floor and had to fight her off it the other day. When I feed my dogs I feed her in a closed bathroom because all 8 lbs of her will attack my other large dogs to get their food and of I try to move the bowl out of the way with my foot she actually attacked my foot with her 4 teeth that she has. She has always been the best girl but I think she's going senile but she still chases the trash truck back and forth behind our fencing in our yard and now anything else that goes in front of our property. She also licks the bed sheets and blankets for at least an hour before she falls asleep at night. Not sure what to do with my sweet little Lucy or how to help her.
Have you told your vet about this? Sorry,just realized this is a very old topic that's been revived. If you're still keeping an eye on it, it would be interesting to hear a vet's opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs