U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 07:39 AM

3,494 posts, read 9,760,638 times

Advertisements

ah yes....in Texas, we are polite, regardless. That's why I love my state...overall the friendliest people in the country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
4 dogs here and yes - I DO pick up after all of them. One thing that I do is make sure they visit the back yard 1st (before going for a walk) and hopefully they will take care of any business there (where I have a shovel ready). As for people that let their little darlings dump on my lawn.....I politely walk out with a bag in hand and ask them to please clean up after Fido. I do it politely and have always gotten results without attitude. Most walkers in our area are considerate and my neighbors and I are well on our way to educating the rest of them. Instead of griping about the problem, try to fix the problem!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 07:50 AM

3,528 posts, read 5,894,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
ah yes....in Texas, we are polite, regardless. That's why I love my state...overall the friendliest people in the country!
Couldn't agree more!

Old 01-04-2009, 10:27 AM

9,802 posts, read 24,533,723 times
LOL...Me too!

Old 01-05-2009, 12:41 PM

821 posts, read 1,248,516 times
I have a small park by my house where my dog gets walked a couple of time a day...
I am not going to lie I have forgotten my baggie once or twice.... until i found the contraption that hooks up to the leash so that you cant forget the baggies since then I have always picked up after my dog.... I dont let myy dog go on my Front lawn or back yard (I take him to the park) so I dont let him poop or even pee on any of my neighbors lawns either.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:00 PM

110 posts, read 182,722 times
I have got the coolest thing. I love it. It is this little bag made of tough fabric that you can put the rolls of poo-bags in and it lets you tear one off at a time!! There's got to be like 50 bags in that thing, it's no bigger than a credit card! It velcros right on the end of your leash and hardly weighs anything! It should come standard with the purchase or adoption of all dogs. It rocks. You can pick them up at any PetCo or PetSmart.... The refill bags are only $6 for 6 rolls with 50 bags each; you do the math. If your squeemish, you can get the scented ones, if you are a hippie, you can get the biodegradable ones! Hence, why I always pick up my dog's poo. I kind of have to. Baxter makes a big "Ta-da!" when he gets done. He scratches earth everywhere and pretty much just goes nuts. Conspicuous to say the least.....

Old 01-05-2009, 09:18 PM

5,503 posts, read 14,136,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
When somebody says, "I'm going to walk the dog," why don't they simply say, "I'm going to take the dog a few hundred yards down the street so that Rex can take a massive dump in somebody else's yard?"

Having, this morning, watched two different dog walkers in my very upscale neighborhood allow their mutts to defecate on my front lawn, I'm guessing that's what that means.

Oh, and we have a word for those people who say, "Why I always pick up after my dog": Liars.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.
No problem!

In fact, anytime you get upset with your neighbors, feel free to come over to the dog forum and take it out on us here.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:07 AM

1,932 posts, read 7,481,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
When somebody says, "I'm going to walk the dog," why don't they simply say, "I'm going to take the dog a few hundred yards down the street so that Rex can take a massive dump in somebody else's yard?"

Having, this morning, watched two different dog walkers in my very upscale neighborhood allow their mutts to defecate on my front lawn, I'm guessing that's what that means.

Oh, and we have a word for those people who say, "Why I always pick up after my dog": Liars.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.
Not everyone is alike. I'm not going to sit here and say I always pick up after my dog because sometimes I am in a hurry , but I will say that I always pick up after my dog if it's not in my own yard. We walk our dog for exercise and socialization, not to do their business. However, I do always bring a baggy with me on our walks just in case. And I know how you feel because even though I am a dog owner and dog lover, I think it is very disrespectful to allow your dog to do their business in someone elses yard.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:13 AM

28,230 posts, read 24,347,326 times
We take our dogs to the park near our house. On the way there, we don't even let them sniff at other people's lawns, let alone take a dump there. I'd prefer they didn't walk on them, either, but sometimes they wind up trotting off the sidewalk a little and on the grass.

The park is equipped with a little stand that holds disposable paper pooper scoopers. The people around here are pretty good about using them so our park isn't a big dumping ground, but people from outside the neighborhood who drive their animals to the park are trouble - lots of them do a drive-by dump!

There's also this one idiot who lives right next to the park who just lets his lab out the back door and leaves him to roam the area for hours. We call him 'the park ranger.' Friendly, calm pooch, but you know his owners are not picking up his dookie.

Sometimes the dispenser thing is empty, so we usually also carry a plastic bag with us in our pocket.

I was terrified when both neighbors on either side of us got dogs...it's an 'upscale neighborhood,' but you can still hear loud noises over the fencing...but like us, the dogs get two barks out before someone drags their butts back inside. Nice neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs