Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 08:47 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Update: We just got back from the vet, and he said it was a little irritated but nothing serious... probably just seasonal allergies, since he couldn't see any evidence of fleas. So he gave me a topical spray, and offered Benadryl if that doesn't help. He also told me to give him flea stuff next week, and to continue monthly in case he's allergic to fleas. Otherwise, he looks a-ok!

I also asked about his eating/diet issues, and the vet said it wasn't a big deal... just make sure the canned food says complete/balanced if that's all he eats, otherwise I should mix it with good kibble. But Rudy's weight looks perfectly healthy, and he said no biggie if a dog "goes on strike," since they can go days without food - and no house-dog will purposefully starve to death. Thanks for the advice everyone, and I'll try all of the above...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 10:01 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Update: We just got back from the vet, and he said it was a little irritated but nothing serious... probably just seasonal allergies, since he couldn't see any evidence of fleas. So he gave me a topical spray, and offered Benadryl if that doesn't help. He also told me to give him flea stuff next week, and to continue monthly in case he's allergic to fleas. Otherwise, he looks a-ok!

I also asked about his eating/diet issues, and the vet said it wasn't a big deal... just make sure the canned food says complete/balanced if that's all he eats, otherwise I should mix it with good kibble. But Rudy's weight looks perfectly healthy, and he said no biggie if a dog "goes on strike," since they can go days without food - and no house-dog will purposefully starve to death. Thanks for the advice everyone, and I'll try all of the above...
That's good news! I'm happy for you and Rudy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs