Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 04:28 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,307,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
A lady I know was given the choice of putting down her healthy little terrier type dog or losing her homeowner's insurance.
The little dog had some kind of minor incident with her mail carrier.

She chose to put down the dog. She is still (years later) hurt and bitter over it.

This is not a funny subject to me. It shouldn't be funny to any dog owner.

Seebee has pretty much articulated everything I would have said. But I’ll say this, bites aren’t funny and I should know that as I’ve been bitten a few times. The lady you speak of, should have been put down herself. What sort of person allows her dog to be killed? I know what I’d choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBee View Post
WC, one post of your righteous indignation is enough. It it would be more healthy for you to temper your emotional reactions with some sort of intellectual balance. No where was it ever suggested that Barney needed to be put down. And where was it written that doing such a thing would be a "great news story" - other than by you? You know very well that Raggy dee Ann and myself are dog lovers and owners.

The article was funny. It was well-written, facetious and projected Barney's feelings towards leaving the white House as the potential reason he nipped reporters. Did you even bother to read it?

Do you also think that Monty Python's "Killer Rabbit" should be banned, as it depicts the "evil side of killer rabbits"? That makes about as much sense as your two posts.

The example you posted about 'the lady [you] know' is certainly not the whole story. As a dog owner and a dog lover, I'd live in my car rather than give up my pets. There you have my brand of extremism; I don't spend days on end judging other people's misinterpretation of what was clearly meant to be a humorous article.

If you are looking for an argument, you will not get one from me. Judge on.

Peace.
It also begs the question, how many other times has he bitten people that we never heard of. Would love to know what state of mind he's in...poor baby. I had a the most precious Boston Terrier....my first dog as an adult, who was the whole world to me. He died 6 years ago come December 10th in an accident on a ranch, the year before, while my ex was out of town I came upstairs late one night to my bedroom to find him (Tuff not the ex) sleeping on my bed....he looked so adorable and I leaned over to give him a kiss when he snapped and almost took off my lip off, actually he took a corner of it off and I had to have plastic surgery. He was more traumatized than I was and ran under my bed to hide, which is where I found him after I got back from the hospital some hours later.

I tell people it was either the vodka on my breath or dragon breath that made him snap. Of course sobber, I know I should never have leaned over to give him a kiss while he was asleep.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:09 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,468,364 times
I am sorry for the loss of your dear Tuff. I know the feeling.

I, too, have been bitten. The worst bite was some years ago, given by our GSD, all black, long-haired and gorgeous! I did the same as you did with Tuff, i.e., lean over him while he was sleeping and hugged his head. Got my chin & lower lip puntured...it certainly scared me, and afforded amusement to my siblings. At least you had an excuse, LOL!

Old 11-17-2008, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBee View Post
I am sorry for the loss of your dear Tuff. I know the feeling.

I, too, have been bitten. The worst bite was some years ago, given by our GSD, all black, long-haired and gorgeous! I did the same as you did with Tuff, i.e., lean over him while he was sleeping and hugged his head. Got my chin & lower lip puntured...it certainly scared me, and afforded amusement to my siblings. At least you had an excuse, LOL!
Do you know my then sister in law told me I should have had hime put to sleep????? her arguemnt was it could have been someone else that got bit. How do you put down a healthy member of your family?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs