Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2008, 09:58 AM

400 posts, read 1,238,339 times

Advertisements

How do your furbabies celebrate a new snow?

Titan is nuts.
If we get a new snow overnight he's in heaven.
Open the door in the morning to let him outside. He moves up to the open door to get his chain on, sees the snow -- SLAM, the nose dives into the snow right outside the door. He looks back up at you with snow packed in and on his nose and his whole body is now doing the wiggle because he can't wait to get out there and romp.
It's at least the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life -- and it doesn't just happen once each year -- it happens everytime we get a new snow.
Guaranteed to wake you up real quick cuz you're laughing so hard it hurts, and the laughter will wake up the whole house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 10:24 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,071,618 times
We got our dog (as a pup) in February. We moved to Vermont and she's from North Carolina. We had the worst winter here in 30 years and she had a blast. The winter was a joy to her!

I wonder how she will do this year? My bet is she will love it!!!

Old 11-20-2008, 12:24 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,404,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD snowbird View Post
How do your furbabies celebrate a new snow?

Titan is nuts.
If we get a new snow overnight he's in heaven.
Open the door in the morning to let him outside. He moves up to the open door to get his chain on, sees the snow -- SLAM, the nose dives into the snow right outside the door. He looks back up at you with snow packed in and on his nose and his whole body is now doing the wiggle because he can't wait to get out there and romp.
It's at least the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life -- and it doesn't just happen once each year -- it happens everytime we get a new snow.
Guaranteed to wake you up real quick cuz you're laughing so hard it hurts, and the laughter will wake up the whole house.
My dogs had never seen snow until we transferred to Virginia for a year. I loved to watch them bound through it like bunnies and do face plants to see what was underneath. Now we are back in the south so all I have is the memories and a few very cute photos.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:40 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,191,283 times
Pictures, please!

My old dog, Baci (a Lab) LOVED the snow! It was always exciting for her when she was able to play in some.

Our new guy, Levi, is a real Florida redneck hound, and he may not ever see snow unless we go on a trip to visit friends in NY in the winter. But, I'd assume he'd love it too. He just gets so much joy out of the simplest things in life.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:45 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
My Cassy loved snow when we were in MI. She would do the same thing, with the nose down in the snow and come up looking like a snowman. She also used to make "snow angels", just like kids do. Now we live in the south, she is older and I don't think she would appreciate it as much. Thanks for making me think about that!

Old 11-20-2008, 06:01 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
All my long-haired dogs love snow and all my short-haired ones either didn't like it or were indifferent. I had a little golden/terrier mix, about 20 lbs, who would jump from spot to spot in the yard when the snow was as tall as he was. He had his favorite spot to pee, under the tree, and he was going to get there no matter what! Seeing him jump from spot to spot was so funny! Thanks for making me remember!

Old 11-21-2008, 02:00 PM

400 posts, read 1,238,339 times
Mike
The last few years I've been laughing so hard when he does this that I can't get to the camera. I'll get you a pic and post as soon as we get snow again - Promise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs