Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 06:38 PM

Location: Boy, giraffes are selfish, just runnin’ around looking out for number one.
105 posts, read 342,322 times

Advertisements

After a heartbreaking experience a few months ago, I took a chance and adopted another dog. We've had her for two months today. I wanted to wait to introduce her, just to make sure that everything was working out, and it is!

For those of you who don't what happened with my last dog, my family took in a little guy (Liam) only to have him die from parvo 5 days later. Everyone here was so nice and really helped me with it.

After more than a month I started looking online at the dogs for adoption at the local shelter. I found one guy that I thought needed me. He was five years old and wasn't doing very well in the shelter. We went to see about him, only to find out that he was aggressive towards men. With having a teenage son, that's just not something I could take on. That's when my husband spotted the sweet girl that we ended up adopting. She is so smart, (a little too smart at times), and she's fit right into our family. After Liam died someone on here suggested that I someday get another dog. I'm so glad that I took that advice!

Meet Liesel, (and her friend Max).

There was even a happy ending for the dog I couldn't adopt, he's found a new family too.
Attached Thumbnails
It's a Girl !-liesel-one.jpg   It's a Girl !-liesel-max-one.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 06:42 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,448,141 times
She looks happy!

Old 12-01-2008, 06:43 PM

714 posts, read 1,539,367 times
How flippin cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad you found it in your heart to welcome another life!!!!

Thank you!!!

Old 12-01-2008, 08:01 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,418,125 times
Awwwwww! How sweet! I am so glad you two have found one another! Congrats on opening up your heart to another rescue! I bet Liam would be proud of you!

Old 12-01-2008, 08:42 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
How cute, she looks to have some Aussie in her am I right?

Old 12-01-2008, 09:25 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,587,684 times
Liesel is beautiful I am sure you will be vey happy with her. I bet she is smart as she looks like an aussie or even tri colored border collie, does she have a tail?

Old 12-01-2008, 10:08 PM

Location: Boy, giraffes are selfish, just runnin’ around looking out for number one.
105 posts, read 342,322 times
She was picked up as a stray, so the shelter didn't have any information on her background. She doesn't have a tail, even so, our Vet is certain that she is a tri-color Border Collie. She does have a really good "stare" (not sure how to describe that). She loves herding my son and also our two cats. Luckly they're good sports. I've even taught her how to pet the cats, she loves doing it and at least one of the cats enjoys it too.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:21 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,190 times
The dogs are sooo cute! Glad to hear of another shelter adoption! You made such a difference! Good luck with your new found furry friend.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:37 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,587,684 times
I was leaning towards the border collie as she does look alot like my friends tri border collie. I know what you mean by the stare as I think most of us that love the herding breeds need no more description, she has what is called also called "the eye.". She just looks like she will be alot of fun. Glad you have learned that the risk of opening up your heart to another dog is well worth it!

Dogs add so much to our lives that it breaks my heart when someone looses one and says I will not get another as I can not go through the heartache again. To me the heartache is worth all that I have gained from evey dog I have ever loved.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:22 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
She is absolutely beautiful! I would guess she's a Border Collie x Aussie... but who knows!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs