Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 03:30 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times

Advertisements

My old beagle plasters herself next to me under the covers when its cold. She has her own spot and makes and excellent bed warmer when the sheet and blanket is really cold. My cat crawls around until I pet her then finds a nice spot next to or more likely ontop of me to sleep. Sometimes I listen to her just purring and purring. Sometimes I have to wake her up to get her to move.

Now in summer my dog spreads out at the end of the bed right next to the fan. The cat takes up her post on the side of the bed. I'm well guarded.

I have always had my pets sleep with me and anyone who didn't like it could finds somewhere else to go. And I have a queen sized bed so if I want to sprawl out and they want to sprawl out we all can be comfy.

My dog is 14 and even the very low matress is hard for her, so she has doggy steps to help her up on both the couch and bed.

So the only mystery is where in the house did she pull off her sweater between coming in from outside and visiting me in my office, and where has it vanished to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 03:34 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,376,177 times
I love to see all these post about you guys having dogs and cats in the same bed.

If there was a cat in the same BLOCK of my house, it wouldn't survive 5 minutes. For some reason my dogs absolutley hate cats. It's too bad, cause I wish I could have one.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:42 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
I love to see all these post about you guys having dogs and cats in the same bed.

If there was a cat in the same BLOCK of my house, it wouldn't survive 5 minutes. For some reason my dogs absolutley hate cats. It's too bad, cause I wish I could have one.
If I knew how to post photos, I'd post one of them snuggled together. They are inseperable. The dog took over being surrogate mom when I found the cat abandoned at 4 wks old. But I am MOM to both of them.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:22 PM

5 posts, read 11,666 times
My dog sleeps with me every night, I don't even think she would rest if I put her anywhere but my bed. Of course shes a small dog (malti-tzu) and requires a lot of attention and affection but regardless the reason I wanted a dog was to have that companion and loyalty. If a guy has an issue with a dog in the bed then he isn't right for me anyways because I want someone that thinks she (my dog) is a part of the family like I think and the way everyone else in my family treats her.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:40 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,497 times
I have a Rottie/Lab and a Shepp/Husky. They do not sleep in the bed with us. They each have 2 doggie beds of their own. 2 in the bedroom and 2 in the living room.

Caddis Couch-Style Dog Beds - Beds - Dog - PetSmart

I love this doggie bed, because the cover unzips so I can wash it.

I have 1 cat that sleeps with us and the other two curl up on the doggie beds with the dogs. The fact that they don't sleep in our bed made it a lot easier on me when I had knee surgery. I'm in a knee imobilizer and have to elevate my leg with a pillow, due to a blood clot. It would be very painful to have them jumping on and off the bed. They are allowed on the couch, by special invitation. They do jump on the couch when we aren't home though.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:31 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,017 times
My two miniature dachshunds sleep under the covers with me. They always start out in the same position each night. One is curled up by my knees and the other in a tight curl with her head on the crook of my arm (elbow)

Old 12-19-2008, 06:37 AM

331 posts, read 1,384,826 times
we really don't allow our dog on our bed, but she has an identity crisis at times, she sometimes thinks she is one of the cats (a 45 Lb kittydog LOL )
She will jump in bed and sleep with me when wife is not here, and vice versa. There have been times she's wiggled her way in between the 2 of us too, like she's jealous LOL

Old 12-20-2008, 12:21 AM

5,812 posts, read 18,829,880 times
Both of our dogs sleep with Mom and Dad, and after Mom and Dad get up they come and sleep with me (I'm a college student, home during the day).

And my cat sometimes sleeps with me.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:37 AM

200 posts, read 979,526 times
Diamond(Pit bull/Boxer) sleeps with Kai(4 year old so). They cuddle, fall of the bed, sleep on top of each other, sleep with a tail in ones face and legs in the other ones face, etc... I am surprised they get any sleeping done at all. She was trained to sleep in the crate first as a puppy.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:48 AM

617 posts, read 2,072,854 times
Belle (pit bull) sleeps with me when my husband is away. But don't tell my husband that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs