Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2008, 07:32 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,003 times

Advertisements

Finally some one puts out a good story on a Pitt bull. Some one broke into the families house with a gun and their Pitt charged in from another room to defend the house and took 3 bullets for the family. Thats why I love this breed because like our pitt they are great dogs to protect their house. THe dog is recovering but the family needs help with the 1500 pet bill. Link below.

Family Dog Takes Bullet to Save Family
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 07:55 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
But the news I saw didn't identifiy the dog as a pitbull! He clearly was, by the pictures.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:23 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,524,248 times
Always nice to hear the positive.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:50 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Finally some one puts out a good story on a Pitt bull. Some one broke into the families house with a gun and their Pitt charged in from another room to defend the house and took 3 bullets for the family. Thats why I love this breed because like our pitt they are great dogs to protect their house. THe dog is recovering but the family needs help with the 1500 pet bill. Link below.

Family Dog Takes Bullet to Save Family
Great dog story, but don't all of you pit bull owners claim that your dogs are too friendly in nature to be guard dogs?

Old 12-12-2008, 09:15 AM

1,587 posts, read 7,524,248 times
Pits are very friendly unless abused or trained to be mean.
Most dogs no matter what breed will protect their house and family from strangers, does not mean they are vicious. They go out in public and can be the biggest babies on the block.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:27 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamhunter65 View Post
Most dogs no matter what breed will protect their house and family from strangers, does not mean they are vicious. They go out in public and can be the biggest babies on the block.
True. All the dogs I have ever had, except probably my pug, would have protected me against home invaders. Especially my small terriers. However, none of them could have survived being shot three times. Eh. I don't want to own an invincible dog, and that is also why there are so many news stories of police having to shoot misbehaving pit bulls and pit mixes. It's usually the only way to stop them when they are in the red zone. Other large dogs with back down more easily or the small ones are more physically manageable.

Anyway, still a nice story.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:17 AM

947 posts, read 3,408,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamhunter65 View Post
Pits are very friendly unless abused or trained to be mean.

Yup!!!

And don't we agree that there are soooo many that need homes cuz of their bad Rap?
Would love to rescue but can't right now in my life.

Great Story! Thanks!

Old 12-12-2008, 11:43 AM

200 posts, read 979,308 times
Great job by that Pittie! He was determined to save and protect his family.

Selective reporting by the Media. This story was first reported on News 9 with the worlds "Family dog." Only after numerous people sent in their comments, did they change it to pitbull. It is still not changed on CNN.
Our local newspapers have not reported it, but anytime a pitbull "attacked" someone in Florida, we hear about it here. Selective reporting.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:35 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,422,203 times
Quote:
but don't all of you pit bull owners claim that your dogs are too friendly in nature to be guard dogs
I've got a household full of rottweilers that are big babies. But I have no doubt that if someone came through my door and threatened one of us, they'd be torn to pieces. Doesn't mean I can't take my dogs in public and have them give a little child tons of kisses. Guarding their pack has nothing at all to do with how 'friendly' they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs