Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 01:30 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times

Advertisements

OMG, the cuteness!!! I can barely stand it!!!! I'm in love with all of them, particulary Mahalo. What kind of dog is she?

She reminds me (body-wise) of my Artie but Mahalo is a bit, ummm, stockier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 01:45 PM

692 posts, read 3,855,816 times
I'm glad everyone likes the pictures.. I didn't even relize how many pictures I'd taken. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
OMG, the cuteness!!! I can barely stand it!!!! I'm in love with all of them, particulary Mahalo. What kind of dog is she?

She reminds me (body-wise) of my Artie but Mahalo is a bit, ummm, stockier.
She is a Corgi/Malamute mix. I measured her a few months ago and she is 55 pounds, 16" at the shoulder and 21" at the top of her head. It puts it more into perspective if you have her measurements. We adopted her right before her first birthday. She turns 5 on Christmas day!

Old 12-15-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddieXRuxpin View Post
I'm glad everyone likes the pictures.. I didn't even relize how many pictures I'd taken. lol

She is a Corgi/Malamute mix. I measured her a few months ago and she is 55 pounds, 16" at the shoulder and 21" at the top of her head. It puts it more into perspective if you have her measurements. We adopted her right before her first birthday. She turns 5 on Christmas day!
Artie just turned 5, but he's only 35 pounds (and the boy gets plenty of treats, believe me ).

Artie has the same measurements from bum to shoulder and bum to top of head as Mahalo! I also kind of (he didn't really stay still) measured from floor to the top of his back (his "height" when he on all fours) -- 19", even with those stubby legs of his.

When we adopted him, we were told that he was a Corgi mix, but everyone sees more Lab in him than anything else and, as for the short legs, everyone says Beagle more than Corgi (because he also, aside from his Labness, appears and acts Beagle-like).

Maybe Mahalo wants a boyfriend? Artie's available.

Click image for larger version

Name:	summmer jer and dawn ct 022.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	32544

Old 12-15-2008, 02:50 PM

1,808 posts, read 6,495,941 times
Doin' a little doggie matchmaking, DandJ? LOL

Artie's a cutie. Mahalo's a cutie. I'm in love with both!

Quote:

Old 12-15-2008, 03:11 PM

692 posts, read 3,855,816 times
Quote:
Artie just turned 5, but he's only 35 pounds (and the boy gets plenty of treats, believe me ).

Artie has the same measurements from bum to shoulder and bum to top of head as Mahalo! I also kind of (he didn't really stay still) measured from floor to the top of his back (his "height" when he on all fours) -- 19", even with those stubby legs of his.

When we adopted him, we were told that he was a Corgi mix, but everyone sees more Lab in him than anything else and, as for the short legs, everyone says Beagle more than Corgi (because he also, aside from his Labness, appears and acts Beagle-like).

Attachment 32544
Oh her measurements were from the ground to her shoulder and then from the ground to her head. I'll have to get one from butt to head.

Lol thankfully this little lady is spayed.. She loves the boys though; we can't have another female because she's alpha.

Your little man Artie is adorable! Do you have a picture of him standing?

Old 12-15-2008, 03:27 PM

ctribucher -- Sure! Why not? LOL! They're both fixed so no chance of an oops!

TeddieXRuxpin -- I have to figure out how to insert pictures. I'm always lucky when it works, but then I have no idea what I did to make the magic happen. I'll give it a shot, though. Here's Artie standing: (I hope)

Click image for larger version

Name:	this was once a whole stuffed animal.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	32550

And there are more here:

Does anyone know what type of dog this is?

Last edited by DawnMTL; 12-15-2008 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: I have no idea how to insert photos that are on another thread! UGH!

Old 12-15-2008, 08:11 PM

389 posts, read 3,538,900 times
Mahalo is absolutely adorable! Love it! She appears to have the coat characteristics of the malamute...including the shedding! Too bad! I thought my 2 goldens were bad to de-shed, the 2 of them together don't have that much hair I don't think!

They're all really sweet looking dogs, but she just has a little something that makes me love her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs