Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 10:01 PM

1,477 posts, read 7,892,819 times

Advertisements

I always cringe whenever a Poodle wins Best in Show at one of the big dog shows. The publicity increases demand and a few months later the number of Poodles in rescue and in shelters spikes when the new puppies don't work out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 10:05 PM

563 posts, read 1,443,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keliko View Post
I can not stand Labradoodles. Their personalities are so bland, their look.

Amen on the Pittie/Boxer, that's what my girl Diamond is!
My new girl is named Diamond! Lamont's Black Diamond, to be exact. Purebred black German Shepherd that was antisocial to the home pack and we got her, papers and all. She needed a one-dog family.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:39 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,362,642 times
Dont forget the Bullhound. A guy I know was over shooting a TV Series here in NM (I am a Film Liaison) and he was telling me of Staffordshire Bull Terrier crossed with a Greyhound which was fairly popular there :S Not a great fan of Hymutts myself. Did see a Labradoodle in person and it was almost like a miniature Irish Wolfhound.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:57 PM

200 posts, read 977,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Dont forget the Bullhound. A guy I know was over shooting a TV Series here in NM (I am a Film Liaison) and he was telling me of Staffordshire Bull Terrier crossed with a Greyhound which was fairly popular there :S Not a great fan of Hymutts myself. Did see a Labradoodle in person and it was almost like a miniature Irish Wolfhound.
I googled it and couldn't find a pic...perhaps you can find one?!

Old 12-15-2008, 11:02 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,362,642 times
Not many there. I have not seen a pic either
I have heard a Bullhound referenced to a Basset Hound and English Bulldog mix also :S

Old 12-16-2008, 08:45 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,142,751 times
Quote:
Labradoodles (Labrador and poodles) all act very bland. There is not much personality there, they just really...act like nothing, seem to have hip problems also.
Quote:
I can not stand Labradoodles. Their personalities are so bland, their look.
Too bad you've never met my Doodle.He is an AWESOME dog,only 5 months old and is already proving to be above-average in intelligence! He is definitely a one-person dog,sticks right by my side. He is also great w/ my 3 kids,knows several tricks,is sweet,loving,very playful and well behaved. All I have to do if he starts acting up is to say his name in a stern tone,& he quits whatever he is doing and runs to my side . My husband only has to say "Go to Mama" and he'll go right to me! He wasn't purposely bred,like most Labradoodles,so his parents weren't overly-inbred spolied,witless show dogs like most.
I cannot STAND the stupid fad of charging hundreds of dollars for mutts.

I paid $24 for Doodle.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/Dorothy11/100_4462.jpg (broken link)
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/Dorothy11/100_4706.jpg (broken link)
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/Dorothy11/100_4464.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-16-2008, 08:57 AM

1,587 posts, read 7,507,117 times
Sorry but think Labradoodles are the ugliest things out there.Unless get real curly and not shaved at all then can be cute. Ones I know are big chicken
*****'s though bark like crazy but run away.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:33 AM

591 posts, read 1,412,878 times
I honestly think that no matter what people buy or where they buy it or how they buy it..there will always be someone to criticize. If i buy a purebreed..someone will be upset I didn't rescue one from the shelter..if I get a cross..someone will complain I didn't buy a purebreed and so on and so on. So I have found you can't please everyone and it's best to do as you feel is best for you and your family. I also think it's rude to say Labradoodles are ugly when someone just posted a pic of theirs..

Old 12-16-2008, 09:54 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,295,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Too bad you've never met my Doodle.He is an AWESOME dog,only 5 months old and is already proving to be above-average in intelligence! He is definitely a one-person dog,sticks right by my side. He is also great w/ my 3 kids,knows several tricks,is sweet,loving,very playful and well behaved. All I have to do if he starts acting up is to say his name in a stern tone,& he quits whatever he is doing and runs to my side . My husband only has to say "Go to Mama" and he'll go right to me! He wasn't purposely bred,like most Labradoodles,so his parents weren't overly-inbred spolied,witless show dogs like most.
I cannot STAND the stupid fad of charging hundreds of dollars for mutts.

I paid $24 for Doodle.

How adorable! And the price was right! Not $25 and not $23...but $24! LOL!

Old 12-16-2008, 09:55 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,142,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryLuvinWoman1 View Post
I honestly think that no matter what people buy or where they buy it or how they buy it..there will always be someone to criticize. If i buy a purebreed..someone will be upset I didn't rescue one from the shelter..if I get a cross..someone will complain I didn't buy a purebreed and so on and so on. So I have found you can't please everyone and it's best to do as you feel is best for you and your family. I also think it's rude to say Labradoodles are ugly when someone just posted a pic of theirs..
LOL well I'm not surprised,as some of the people on CD are not the kindest,brightest people out there.
I could care less if someone calls my wonderful pup "ugly", as I get the pleasure of his company every day & knowing that he is likely smarter than some posters here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs