Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 08:33 PM

733 posts, read 1,928,351 times

Advertisements

"MOUNT VERNON, Wash. - Rescuers who have saved hundreds of dogs from stinking, filth-choked puppy mills over the past few days have made an eye-popping discovery - most of the animals are pregnant and due to give birth to roughly 1,500 puppies.

Some 600 abused and neglected dogs have been rescued from three different kennels since last weekend, and animal shelters were are already struggling to care for the crush of animals they already have.

Now they know there are many more on the way."

Rescued dogs pregnant with 1,500 puppies | KOMO News - Seattle, Washington | News

The police were raiding puppy mills in the area and thankfully got these poor animals to shelters but now it is going to really have a hard impact on the shelters.......it's just so sad so many animals have been suffering.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 08:36 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
I can certainly sympathize with their plight. The terrier I agreed to adopt was found to be pregnant as she was going in to be spayed in NC before I was to pick her up. And now I am taking care of five puppies... along with my five adult dogs. Fortunately, the puppies are small. The mom is only 20 pounds.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:57 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
When are our four legged furry friends gonna get a break? And when are these abusers gonna be punished and locked up for good? Everyday there is more and more abuse! So sad! I hate to hear stories like this.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:36 AM

339 posts, read 1,262,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
When are our four legged furry friends gonna get a break? And when are these abusers gonna be punished and locked up for good? Everyday there is more and more abuse! So sad! I hate to hear stories like this.
The law should be changed to make abusing an animal the same as abusing a human. Therefore all these puppy mill people should be jailed for 20 years.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:15 PM

275 posts, read 469,861 times
collins, i agree with you. that is a great idea. if only lawmakers would understand

Old 01-25-2009, 02:18 PM

it really should be changed, right now the law doesn't have anything they do except civilly charge, them which is not much of a consequence....

Old 01-25-2009, 09:06 PM

218 posts, read 562,925 times
I never really cared if someone bred their dogs or not. But I can't stand people who run puppy mills! Breeding one or two dogs is fine(as long as you know what you are doing and your dogs get a break) but having over 600?! How do you even get away with that?

Old 01-25-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megafoxy View Post
I never really cared if someone bred their dogs or not. But I can't stand people who run puppy mills! Breeding one or two dogs is fine(as long as you know what you are doing and your dogs get a break) but having over 600?! How do you even get away with that?
Well so many of these places sell to the pet stores and they are out to make a profit. I have seen a puppy mill first hand, and it was horrible. dogs locked in cages, with no room, and just dirty....it's all about the money, and nothing about the poor animal and it's welfare.....

Old 01-25-2009, 09:22 PM

218 posts, read 562,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLoveLost View Post
Well so many of these places sell to the pet stores and they are out to make a profit. I have seen a puppy mill first hand, and it was horrible. dogs locked in cages, with no room, and just dirty....it's all about the money, and nothing about the poor animal and it's welfare.....

Oh I know. I've seen a puppy mill myself.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:09 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times
Unbelievable story. I just read it somewhere else. Five hundred pregnant dogs!? They must have been breeding them every heat cycle to get the most out of them. What happens when the females get old and tired? I hate to even think of it. This was clearly a big operation. I can only imagine how many pet stores they were supplying puppies to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs