Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 06:53 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
This is how it starts, for you mirco-chip your animals, then the government makes the case to start micro-chipping humans. Can you all see this is a plot from big brother to enslave the human races. What lemmings you are, what lemmings you are! I'm not a big religious nut, so I won't even go into the mark of the beast!
Oh my! A little carried away are we?

Old 12-30-2008, 07:10 PM

568 posts, read 1,478,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
If I could get my dog chipped I would in a hearbeat. It will kill me to lose him.

So you rather your dog, becomes one of Satan's beast?

Old 12-30-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Oh my! A little carried away are we?
No!

Old 12-31-2008, 07:14 AM

3,748 posts, read 12,405,738 times
Quote:
Since when is a microchip the sign of Satan? Never heard that one before. As for the Big Brother rant....We have many more freedoms here than a lot of other parts of the world but perhaps YOU would be happier elsewhere

Old 12-31-2008, 09:19 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,779,335 times
Quote:
I was recently told that I might have to chip my 4 month old puppy inorder to bring her to the United States. She's only 4 months old and I refuse to chip her. Why? I don't want a microchip in me or my child, why would I think it would be best for my dog to have one?

I know you dog owners will come in here and cry about how I shouldn't be a pet owner. Well I say if you have a microchip placed in your dog. It's you, who shouldn't own a pet.

So are you for microchipping your dog, Yea or Nay?
A chip can actually come in quite handy and you may want to at least reconsider your position.

It isn't like "low-jacking" your dog- "Big Brother" can't keep track of your dog's whereabouts if it is chipped. The chip is a passive piece of equipment that contains a code; there is no GPS locator, no active broadcast, it serves the same purpose and basically functions in the same scope as collar tags only it can't be misplaced, lost or forgotten. The only way the chip can be read is if a hand-held scanner is held close to the chip. If the dog is picked up by animal control they can scan the chip and come up with your contact information so that you may retrieve your lost dog. That's all it does. It's really no big deal.

EDIT: Nevermind, this is a B.S. thread.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:21 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
Quote:
OMG LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!11!!one
Thank you for letting my horrible 2008 end in a high with that quote
If its the Devil helping me find my dog and not a tiny chip that gets scanned at equoipped animal control / shelters than so be it. Bring the Devil on. Losing Dakota would be like losing a kid almost to me.

BTW, I am paranoid and anti goverment, more so than the avg bear you even trump me and that is scary.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:01 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,363,371 times
I think the OP's name says it all.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
I think the OP's name says it all.

You will regret not listening to me one day!

Old 01-04-2009, 04:55 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
I agree with the posters above: why would you NOT?
Yup. All of my animals are microchipped... didn't hurt any more than a vaccine, and they are protected from getting lost for life (as long as I keep the info updated). A family I know lost their dog for almost THREE YEARS, and she was returned to them because of the microchip. What reason could you have not to do it? It's not a tracking device, just a form of identification - collars and tags fall off, so I just see it as back-up.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:08 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times
Quote:
I was recently told that I might have to chip my 4 month old puppy inorder to bring her to the United States. She's only 4 months old and I refuse to chip her. Why? I don't want a microchip in me or my child, why would I think it would be best for my dog to have one?
Well, sounds like you need to decide whether or not you want to bring her in to the United States. Unfortunately, part of being an adult means realizing we can't always have things our way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs