Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 05:40 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,789,371 times

Advertisements

im microchipped (not registered) and im fine, all my pets are microchipped...its an rfid chip, it cannot be racked (people seem to think its soe weird gps tracking becon or something) its simply a date storage device...
does it hurt whn its doen? that all dpednds on the dog, ive chipped dogs who didn't eve fich or notice and others who started screeming before you even had the needle out...
when I was chipped accidentally...it stung but ive definatly had worse...

when importing dogs its a legality issue do to record maintence, a microchippd dog cannot be swpped out for a different dog last minute thus ensuring all vet health cetifictes and vaccinations are correct, tis that simple...
either rbuy a dog locally or gt over it if you must "import"

theres othing raly "big brother" about a microchip other than id...

and theres actually a good case for rfid chips in people... particularly dementia patients ect who occasionally wander off and don't know where they are form ect...
mines not registered but if they gave me an option to put in my medical information one day, I absoulty would, would be a lot easier than having to carry a list in my purse with all my "issues" on it. lol

Old 06-28-2013, 06:17 PM

511 posts, read 834,644 times
I did not know Dale Gribble was a poster here. Or should I say Rusty Shackelford?

Old 05-22-2015, 02:05 PM

1 posts, read 665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
I was recently told that I might have to chip my 4 month old puppy inorder to bring her to the United States. She's only 4 months old and I refuse to chip her. Why? I don't want a microchip in me or my child, why would I think it would be best for my dog to have one?

I know you dog owners will come in here and cry about how I shouldn't be a pet owner. Well I say if you have a microchip placed in your dog. It's you, who shouldn't own a pet.

So are you for microchipping your dog, Yea or Nay?
no to
microchipping you are right, its all
control and now theres evidence the chip causes cancer in pets! the old dog tags are better, there was also
a number tatooed on the ear, no
health risks there.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:20 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,350,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Um....just what are your dogs doing that you think the gov't might be fascinated with? Maybe your dogs are smarter or more interesting than mine but I'm thinking Big Bro hardly cares where my dog is sniffing....
After they, at great taxpayer expense, find out that - SHE'S TRACKING RABBITS!!!! - then they'll be coming after me next? Take a breath dude.

BTW - just so no one freaks out - she tracks them, doesn't catch them but in a Golden Retriever's world hope springs eternal....
What a minute...Micro-chip is strictly contact information and can only be read by some gadget which can read it...Has these micro-chips somehow morphed into some sort of GPS??? Gnaw Doubt it...Sure If you but GPS onto their collars..which can be removed easily.. so only useful for those who have wondering fur babies

Oh..and Yes I micro-chiped my fur buddy about 18 years ago...no evidence can be visualized and only IF found and checked with gadget would they know one way or the other...Thank goodness never needed it...but his collar fell of a few times..and someone called the number on it to return it along with ALL his tags... RIP Griffey

This whole notion of Government's out to get me ( by OP) actually made me spew my drink

Old 05-22-2015, 02:23 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,721,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmichelle246 View Post
no to
control and now theres evidence the chip causes cancer in pets! the old dog tags are better, there was also
health risks there.
All my pets are microchiped. It's the single best way to ensure that if they ever get lost, they're returned to you. Tags and collars come off and are lost and tattoos (i) can fade so they're not readable and (ii) you have to know the registry for the particular tattoo or what it represents (e.g., driver's license) for it to be a useful means of identification. Neither is as reliable as a microchip.

My cats lived to be 18 and 16 with microchips and never had cancer. I had two dogs live to 14 and one to 12 1/2 with microchips and none of them had cancer either.

If there are recent articles from reputable sources on the cancer connection, I'd be interested in seeing them. Please provide a link.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:50 PM

19,497 posts, read 22,389,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmichelle246 View Post
no to
health risks there.
I agree. I don't want the government to know that my hound dogs are secretly pooping in Area 51.

Signed-
Elvis

Old 05-22-2015, 02:54 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,350,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
All my pets are microchiped. It's the single best way to ensure that if they ever get lost, they're returned to you. Tags and collars come off and are lost and tattoos (i) can fade so they're not readable and (ii) you have to know the registry for the particular tattoo or what it represents (e.g., driver's license) for it to be a useful means of identification. Neither is as reliable as a microchip.

My cats lived to be 18 and 16 with microchips and never had cancer. I had two dogs live to 14 and one to 12 1/2 with microchips and none of them had cancer either.

If there are recent articles from reputable sources on the cancer connection, I'd be interested in seeing them. Please provide a link.
I just googled it Rowan...man..articles galore..studies that date back to the '90's in various countries..incidents/ or results carried between 1% (dogs) to 4% in mouse/rats..much smaller ( teeny animals) then of course went to dogs, cats ...and again results very low..FDA approve back in 1997..and still stand by it today....

For me..life span of fur-buddies range from 10-16 years depending on breed..and the benefits way out weigh the possibility of cancer...Then of course some of the links go on to discuss implants in humans...and you really get the sense of paranoia go to in that article...They talked about reactions when having CAT scans or MRI's Yikes!!

Does anybody here actually know of anybody who have been micro-chipped ..maybe in the movies..but in reality?

Old 05-22-2015, 03:15 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,358,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post

Does anybody here actually know of anybody who have been micro-chipped ..maybe in the movies..but in reality?
Scroll up to post 111.

Old 05-22-2015, 03:15 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,213,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
This is how it starts, for you mirco-chip your animals, then the government makes the case to start micro-chipping humans. Can you all see this is a plot from big brother to enslave the human races. What lemmings you are, what lemmings you are! I'm not a big religious nut, so I won't even go into the mark of the beast!

Slight difference between chipping your dog and chipping humans. When they start chipping humans, I'll agree, until then, I'll have another drink and laugh really good at your comments.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:29 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,721,178 times
Quote:
Lyndarn;39723720]I just googled it Rowan...man..articles galore..studies that date back to the '90's in various countries..incidents/ or results carried between 1% (dogs) to 4% in mouse/rats..much smaller ( teeny animals) then of course went to dogs, cats ...and again results very low..FDA approve back in 1997..and still stand by it today....

For me..life span of fur-buddies range from 10-16 years depending on breed..and the benefits way out weigh the possibility of cancer...Then of course some of the links go on to discuss implants in humans...and you really get the sense of paranoia go to in that article...They talked about reactions when having CAT scans or MRI's Yikes!!

I'm sure there are many, many "articles" on the topic. What I would be interested in reading would be recent articles from reputable sources.

I totally agree that the benefit outweighs any potential risk. Both dogs that I have now (5 year old and 9 year old GSDs) were microchipped when they were puppies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs