Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 05:29 PM

692 posts, read 3,855,653 times

Advertisements

Nothing big, but I did get an update on Mr. Love Machine, Britches, the other day. His new mom, Nancy, emailed me to wish us a late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, but also to tell me how he’s doing.

Britches is doing wonderful and from the sounds of it he’s found his long lost, forever home. He and Ruby are getting along incredibly and she talked about how well trained he is and she can tell how much we worked with him. That made me so happy!

She also said once she figures out her new computer she’d send me some pictures. Whenever they get here I’ll be sure to post them for everyone to see.

It warms my heart to hear he’s doing so well and he’s found the right family that loves him. I had no reasons to think otherwise, but to have it reinforced makes me smile.

More than anything it was an awesome way to start off the New Year.

It has been 3 months and 2 days since he was adopted and I don’t see him coming back ever. J

Last edited by leorah; 01-05-2009 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: Removed unneeded clarification
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 05:34 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,060 times
That's great news, Teddie.

I'm glad he found a good family!

Old 01-05-2009, 06:05 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
Such good news! I know you said you thought the family was right for him, but to hear he's doing so well is just icing on the cake!

Old 01-05-2009, 06:34 PM

1,188 posts, read 5,533,872 times
That is just how foster and adoption system should be! We look forward to seeing his updated pictures. I'm so glad his new mom shared. We still share with Pearl's foster mom and it has been 4 years. Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:48 PM

702 posts, read 2,523,508 times
You must have that feel good place in your heart knowing Britches is being loved and cared for. I can't wait to see photos either. Great job now who is next? I just got an email about a pitbull mix mama and her pups needing permanent, foster or rescue. They are in Jacksonville, Illinois. Any takers?

(I posted pictures with this post, let me know if you can't see them)

Old 01-05-2009, 08:11 PM

692 posts, read 3,855,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidreemer View Post
You must have that feel good place in your heart knowing Britches is being loved and cared for. I can't wait to see photos either. Great job now who is next? I just got an email about a pitbull mix mama and her pups needing permanent, foster or rescue. They are in Jacksonville, Illinois. Any takers?

(I posted pictures with this post, let me know if you can't see them)
I really do feel great hearing he’s doing so well. I watched the slide show I made right after he’d gotten adopted again today and tried to hold back the tears. He is such a special dog and one I surely will never forget.

For right now no more fosters. I started working a few months ago and coming home to the four permanent dogs is a wonderful feeling. I think it was about time for both me and the dogs to have a break. Hopefully another foster isn’t to far out in the distance, but believe me I know there will be plenty when that time comes.

I haven't gotten the pictures yet, but when I do I'll post them.
I can’t see the pictures L

Old 01-06-2009, 08:21 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,896,159 times
I'm missing Britches big time, so I hated hearing in another thread about the meanie that DM'ed a poster about posting doggie pics. Looking forward to seeing Britches again...his eyes...something about his eyes makes me remember him in my head!

Old 01-06-2009, 11:19 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,660,266 times
Great news...! That time went by so fast! Glad he is in his forever home. and that is great he also has a playmate.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:13 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,025,722 times
I wasn't around this forum in the days of Britches, so I did a search. WOW! Those posts (and the montage!!!!!) made my heart happy. You made Britches a happy, happy boy. Good for you... and for him.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:46 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,190,973 times
I'm so glad he's found a loving, forever home. He is missed by all of us here, and I'm sure everyone eagerly awaits seeing new photos!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs