Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 05:31 PM

489 posts, read 2,014,469 times

Advertisements

Thanks for your PM. I did - after this incident - find the list of breeders on the AKC website.

I'm just going to cool my heels for a while now with regard to acquiring another dog to add to the family. I'm still pretty "miffed" and am thinking that I just need to move up my official departure date from Ft. Myers (and go back to where I don't feel it a necessity to keep guard dogs for home security and personal protection).

Many thanks to everyone who has responded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2007, 02:31 PM

11 posts, read 43,712 times
I would demand your money back. If she doesn't return it, take her small claims court. You should also know how many females she has. If she has this many puppies she could be over breeding her dogs and it would result in a very unhealthy puppy. A dog should only have a litter every other year. Many people suggest a dog only have 3 litters in her lifetime.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:17 PM

4 posts, read 10,998 times
Lightbulb maltese pups in lousianna

let me first say that i feel sooo stupid right now. I was sitting here feeling sorry for myself and looking up sites about north carolina, where my family and i are supposed to be relocating to at the end of june, when i came across this forum. i thought this could be a message from above so i decided to post.

eleven months ago i contacted a 'christian' breeder regarding the purchase of a maltese pup. i wanted a small female. the breeder directed me to her web site to see her adult dogs. she didn't have any litters coming up but would be breeding for a spring litter. that would work for me since i wanted my new baby to come in spring. we made a deal that i could send her $$ monthly up to the balance for my pup 'til it had been paid. i didn't see a problem with that since i'd have all my canceled checks as receipt. well, the moment came where a litter would be coming right on time. the only problem with that is the litter was all male and my hopes were shattered. well, the breeder and i decided that instead of waiting thru another almost year that she'd send my $$ back by the end of may. great, no problem; i'd just search for another female pup and with the lump sum in hand, i could have a pup in no time.

breeder emails me again in mid may and says she feels so badly about not having the pup i wanted and sent me pics of her mother-in-laws pups. not! i told her that the 'male' pups were cute but, no. so in the mean time, i search around for another pup. it is getting very close to the end of may so i email her to check the status of my refund... no reply. after a couple inquiries, and no reply i begin to panic.

well, here i am on may 31 and she emails me to say she doesn't have the $$ because the 2 litters she was going to pay me back off of had gotten parvo by a new pup 'she'd purchased' and she had to use all her money on vet bills.
she dosen't have it and doesn't know when she will but she is expecting her tax refund, has new litters of other dogs (even with the parvo???) and can probably send me some of that plus she can send me some $ here and there.

did i mention that 2 weeks ago i took a leave of absence for 60 days from my job to facilitate my relocation out of state and did i mention that i have already given a realtor a big (non-refundable) deposit for a home for my family and i? right now, i feel like i have stupid written all over my forehead along with the running mascara from tears.

if nothing else, i beg for your prayers right now. i do not know what i am going to do! i keep seeing 'small claims court' but i don't know if this will apply to me since i am all of 4 weeks of moving and living in a moving van. PLEASE ADVISE!!

Old 06-01-2007, 08:14 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,271,700 times
Get advice from a lawyer..1st time is free [most of the time] this is a real hard. Keep all emails. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs