Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 07:05 PM

692 posts, read 3,855,115 times

Advertisements

Can some one say puppy breath?

My sister works at an animal clinic and last week a 2 day old puppy was brought in. (she is now 10 days old) She was found in an alley in a card board box. Not the way a puppy should start out in life. Thankfully she’s healthy and on the road to a nice and strong life.

She’s only here for the night; she’s been going home with different techs and people at the vet because she needs around the clock care and feed.

This is Coco

I had to get a close up of her face and her spotted nose

Teddie says “are you serious mom? Another dog?”

So young; she of course doesn’t have teeth, her eyes are still closed shut, and her ears are beginning to form. It’s pretty neat to see.

And a picture of her wittle legs

* All finished * Thanks for looking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 07:07 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,610,633 times
That is so adorable!!!

Old 01-22-2009, 07:13 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,064,838 times
Wow...that poor, poor puppy! Looks like a hamster. Glad someone found her.

What sort of dog is that anyhow?

Old 01-22-2009, 07:30 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,443,002 times
Awww! I love puppies....how sweet. Poor baby though - what a rough start she's had.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:34 PM

692 posts, read 3,855,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Wow...that poor, poor puppy! Looks like a hamster. Glad someone found her.

What sort of dog is that anyhow?
Since she's only 10 days old there is no way to tell what breed(s) she is. There were no other litter mates and not sight of the parents. Once she's old enough i'm sure they'll start guessing what she's mixed with.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:33 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,890,481 times
Puppy breath! The BEST! I love the last shot...looks like a real baby Teddie, the way the legs are crossed. Did you notice the folds, I mean real baby folds! Arghhhh...I want a puppy!!!!!

Old 01-22-2009, 08:56 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,582,849 times
The fact she is white and pink nosed and dumped in an alley makes me wonder if she is a homozygous merle ( result of breeding two merle coated dogs- there are numerous breeds that can have merle coats but this is a common problem with aussies). Breeders will cull out such puppies and kill them or dump them as they often are deaf and or blind or have various eye issues . They tend to be white or have alot more white then is accepted in the breed standards. It is sad that they do this as despite the fact they have these issues as they can make fantastic pets.Then again the whole issue would be avoided if they just would not breed merle to merle. I hope I am wrong but that is what I would be considering if I found such a young white pink nosed puppy. She is a very lucky puppy that someone found her and I hope she does well.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:51 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,656,839 times
How precious and cute, but how sad to dump such a tiny helpless pup like this. Glad you have her and she is safe. As in the post before I would check the pups eyes and hearing as it gets older. My little deaf pit is so white and pink like this. Hope the pup grows to be healthy and finds a wonderful loving home. She is sooooooo adorable!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:27 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
The fact she is white and pink nosed and dumped in an alley makes me wonder if she is a homozygous merle ( result of breeding two merle coated dogs- there are numerous breeds that can have merle coats but this is a common problem with aussies). Breeders will cull out such puppies and kill them or dump them as they often are deaf and or blind or have various eye issues . They tend to be white or have alot more white then is accepted in the breed standards. It is sad that they do this as despite the fact they have these issues as they can make fantastic pets.Then again the whole issue would be avoided if they just would not breed merle to merle. I hope I am wrong but that is what I would be considering if I found such a young white pink nosed puppy. She is a very lucky puppy that someone found her and I hope she does well.
That's how we acquired our Aussie 12 yrs ago. He is a blue merle w/ alot of white on his head. The breeder took him to the vet to be destroyed because she was afraid of Atrophy/Degeneration. The vet wouldn't put him to sleep and we happened to be in the right place at the right time and took him home because she didn't want him. As far as pigment, the pup is still so young. Alot of pups pigment doesn't come in until 2 wks.

Teddie, that little pup is too cute! You take excellent pictures! Bless you for taking time to nurture her. Let's just hope the sweetie doesn't have parvo. I don't know her weight, but she reminds me of an aussie/pitt pup.

Aussie

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/maiwag/clipart/113814017_fba9684691.jpg (broken link)

Pit mix
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/maiwag/clipart/puppies-thumb.jpg (broken link)

Please update us w/ pics.

Last edited by kahncss; 01-22-2009 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: add something

Old 01-22-2009, 10:29 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,099,653 times
Utterly precious...and the photos are so well done in conveying that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs