U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 01:49 PM

692 posts, read 2,822,363 times

Advertisements

I'm a brachycephalic over; meaning most of the dogs I adore have the pushed in faces.

French Bulldogs
English Bulldogs
Pekingese
Shih tzu
Boston Terrier

However my top two breeds right now are French Bulldogs and American pit Bull Terriers. I know at some point I'll own my pitty, but at the same time I could really see a little Frenchie running around with Ted. Whatever my next dog is it'll be a rescue.

I always fall for the pits when I go into a shelter so I KNOW at some point there will be a couch potato pitty around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 05:03 PM

1,602 posts, read 1,980,682 times
We have a french bulldog and a couple borzoi. The frenchbull dog is our little clown. She belongs to my girlfriend. The borzoi are my favorite breed. They are normally quiet. I had my first one for six months before I knew he could bark. The male I have now maybe barks once a week. Usually only a couple yelps. They are also very beautiful. I love to watch them run full out. What a sight to behold. They also come in all colors and have a gorgeous, long silky coat. They are extremely gentle with everyone.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:01 PM

350 posts, read 728,032 times
My favorite breed are Old English Sheepdogs. They don't shed, they're fun and clownish, loyal, and big ol' teddy bears. My Lily thinks she's a tiny cat.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:15 PM

3,719 posts, read 10,780,196 times
Dalmation and Bichon Frise

Old 02-10-2009, 04:12 PM

2,436 posts, read 5,391,887 times
We have a Bichon and a Havanese. I love them both and like different things about their personalities. My vet says Bichons are usually either stoic or drama queens. Mine is a drama queen. The Havanese is something else--I've seen them described as big dogs trapped in little dogs' bodies. She is much more of a lap dog and a never leave my side dog than our Bichon.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:35 PM

563 posts, read 635,834 times
Siberian Husky!!

Old 02-11-2009, 01:24 AM

2,726 posts, read 2,458,128 times
Long hair Chihuahua. My little redhaired lady is quite a pistol. Sweet, affectionate, energetic, funny, great personality, stubborn, and very assertive. She cows the rottweilers next door, but runs and hides at loud sounds. My sister isn't crazy about dogs, but when she sat with my Chi on her lap for a road trip, she said, "Well, I usually don't like dogs and prefer cats. But I could fall in love with this one."

Chi's can be tough though. Hard to socialize and harder to house train. Only because they have a mind of their own. Plus, they never seem to get the memo that they are pint-sized.

Best thing about my Chi's? They are great mind readers and people readers. If they don't like you (and that's rare), well, see ya! Good barometers for dates.

Dogs are angels in fur coats...

Old 02-11-2009, 02:07 AM

4,163 posts, read 5,925,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
Long hair Chihuahua. My little redhaired lady is quite a pistol. Sweet, affectionate, energetic, funny, great personality, stubborn, and very assertive. She cows the rottweilers next door, but runs and hides at loud sounds. My sister isn't crazy about dogs, but when she sat with my Chi on her lap for a road trip, she said, "Well, I usually don't like dogs and prefer cats. But I could fall in love with this one."

Chi's can be tough though. Hard to socialize and harder to house train. Only because they have a mind of their own. Plus, they never seem to get the memo that they are pint-sized.

Best thing about my Chi's? They are great mind readers and people readers. If they don't like you (and that's rare), well, see ya! Good barometers for dates.

Dogs are angels in fur coats...
Must spread the love, but I agree full-heartedly.

I will always have a Labrador...I have two now and soon will be adding a third to the mix. Also Irish Wolfhounds are a favourite.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:07 AM

2,621 posts, read 7,533,971 times
I love our Bichon. He is quiet, friendly, obedient, patient with our daughter and affectionate.

I am on call right now, and he just rested on the bed, while I was working.
Attached Thumbnails
Whats ur favorite dog breed ?-p1000630.jpg  

Old 02-11-2009, 08:48 AM

1,692 posts, read 2,380,530 times
Cool I love all dogs but my ownership requires size!

I love 'em big and goofy! Anything over 50 lbs is great. Most of my dogs have been in the 80 pound range. My personal all time breed is a German Shepard. Can't be beat for me. Always had at least one GSD in my life at all times. Love the breed. Still labs are great, grey hounds are cool. Want to have a Irish Wolfhound or Scottish Deerhound sometime.
Still all in all, big and goofy is for me!

I do love all dogs and would never turn one way if it needed a home and love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs