U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 03:00 PM

692 posts, read 3,585,358 times

Advertisements

Volunteering never fails to open my mind and my eyes to what some people can do to another living being. Nothing surprises me anymore; Iíve seen so many different things and itís no wonder I love animals so much. They are the most forgiving creatures there are.

Whenever I go out into west Dallas our first stop is to feed the cats. There was another new face last week and like most of the cats she was a little skidish. After putting out her food I kind of crept up and calmly sat down with my camera. This little girl came wondering up to my lap, purring away, and started rolling all over me. I was shocked as to how fast she came up to me without a problem. Most of the others have seen me every time Iíve gone out, but not her. Iím trying to find her a home.

The crossed eyed cat still doesnít like me, but I think heís blind, not just cross eyed. He has a VERY difficult time getting around.

I havenít been able to get pictures of the heartworm positive pit and the GSD in some time, but I was finally able to get a few. Two weeks ago (A) went to feed them and they were covered in ticks. Theyíre good now that she treated them and the surrounding yard, but theyíre always happy for some human contact.

I mean look at those faces..

I posted pictures of Charlie two weeks ago; he was underweight and pitiful. Two weeks of being fed on a regular basis, heís put on weight and is already growing! He is a cutie pie too.

And of course I canít make a post with out Moses!

This little one was surrendered because the owners no longer wanted her. Sheís about 8-10 weeks old and her name is Dakota. yep... Dakota lol

While I was in the kitchen I snapped a quick picture of Charlie one of her owned dogs. Heís a little nut.

I hope these surfice since I couldnít get the adoption picturesÖlol Thanks for looking!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 03:10 PM

1,188 posts, read 4,961,047 times
For what it's worth...many of us enjoy when you share! Thanks for sharing!!!

Old 03-01-2009, 03:16 PM

2,806 posts, read 6,519,341 times
I LOVE those little faces! I was surprised by my last kitty rescue too...she came right up to me and started purring, a total sweetheart, and we found her a home right away too, which was awesome! I think sometimes they sense the animal lover in us and somehow know it will be okay to let us near them. Now if I could only catch that feral tom I keep getting glimpses of...he is another story...!

Old 03-01-2009, 03:18 PM

692 posts, read 3,585,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonchix View Post
For what it's worth...many of us enjoy when you share! Thanks for sharing!!!
I really do appreciate the time you all take out to look and respond to my threads. It means the world to be able to share my stories with you. Iím not just saying that I really do appreciate it!!

Old 03-01-2009, 03:50 PM

5,500 posts, read 20,058,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddieXRuxpin View Post
I really do appreciate the time you all take out to look and respond to my threads. It means the world to be able to share my stories with you. Iím not just saying that I really do appreciate it!!
We love your stories and your pictures! Thank you so much!

Old 03-01-2009, 04:25 PM

19,822 posts, read 55,970,721 times
Great pictures as always! Tha little kitty must have had a home at one point, so sad.Keep up the good work.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:49 PM

4,334 posts, read 12,221,274 times
I bet someone dumped that little kitty. Sooo sad all those cats and dogs in situations like that. Thank God for you and your friend who help them all to survive. We need more people like you to help all these poor souls that are left and forgotten about. What a great job you guys do! If you ever found a home or any of them would those people let their dogs go? I was just wondering about that.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:05 PM

68 posts, read 197,467 times
All those kitties and dogies love you so much for what you do...you brighten up their day.......you bring light into their darkness......great job ....so sad all those dogs on chains......I hate dogs on chains.....I don't understand how anyone can keep their dog on a chain ....what kind of life is that....ughhhhh......it should be against the law...hopefully someday soon........the pictures are wonderful.....

Old 03-02-2009, 04:25 PM

46 posts, read 71,440 times
I look forward to your postings! Keep them coming

Old 03-02-2009, 04:55 PM

3,800 posts, read 9,726,344 times
Teddie, please please try to find that white kitty a home. She looks like she is used to regular lovin'! I so would like to see her tucked away in a forever home with people who can provide her with that love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or