Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 04:42 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,216,309 times

Advertisements

I'm not buying it. I watched her show today, and she had her puppy on. They also brought out the rest of the litter. Are you going to tell me that someone dropped off an entire litter of purebred puppies? No breeder gives up a litter when they can sell the pups. My opinion is this was a publicity stunt for ratings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 08:24 PM

315 posts, read 1,089,747 times
i imagine it would be pretty easy to find out whether or not she did rescue but i think it's only good publicity if she did. she has such influence over so many people so getting the word out to adopt from a shelter is awesome. and actually, i've seen many purebred puppies in shelters. and now in this economy, there are probably going to be more and more.

i wish oprah lots of love and happiness with her new family member!

Old 03-06-2009, 09:41 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,383,888 times
I saw the show today too, the puppy was cute and she's thinking of adopting her brother too. The other 2 were very cute. I was curious if their tails were docked, given that they're from a shelter and may not have had the best start in life but there was no way to tell. Thought it was cute when the gal laid on her back on the floor w/ one of the puppies who snuggled right up to her.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:54 PM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,056,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TITAN 777 View Post

Good now that she knows how bad the animal abuse situation is here in America she can go adopt a few thousand and build a huge shelter somewhere....glad she adopted a cute little puppy......wish she would adopt a not so cute dog in real need of a good home.......sorry but I have no sympathy for one that is worth BILLIONS and does so little......
I don't know about that... she is involved in many charitable causes. Probably she is most involved with her projects in Africa. I don't know when she has the time to sleep, let alone enjoy life in a selfish way.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:53 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,337,898 times
I'm glad she got a shelter dog, after she did the shows on puppy mills she swore her next dog would be a shelter dog and she kept her word.

She has done a lot by doing the show on puppy mills whether you like her or not she is a force to be reckoned with and anytime she has a show on a subject things change for the better.

I do know on occasion whole litters have been dropped off at shelters for what ever reason. In these hard times many are having to give up their critters.

The puppies tails were not docked BTW.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:04 PM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,056,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TITAN 777 View Post
sorry but I have no sympathy for one that is worth BILLIONS and does so little......
Oprah is worth BILLIONS due to her hard work. She didn't inherit her money. It's not as if she sits around all day eating bon-bons, then goes to work for an hour five times a week to do her tv show.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:26 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,288,064 times
It's to bad that the little fella died from parvo, or so what I have read. It is really important to get your puppy all of their shots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs