Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 08:19 PM

46 posts, read 172,996 times

Advertisements

Anyone out there have a min pin or two? Would love to meet some people that have them. We have 3, Chocolate. I am also a breeder as well.

thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2007, 08:59 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,855,577 times
Don't have one but I do have a child that wants one. So what can you tell me about them? I don't know much about them really. Our chihuahua has the markings of a Min Pin w/o the cropped tail. Okay, so I'm a sucker, one kid wanted a Chihuahua and we got one even though I never really liked them at all (grandparents had one and it was MEAN). Proud to say our little rat dog does not act like a Chihuahua at all. She LOVES KIDS! OMY she can not get enough of any kid. She is not a yapper either, whew. Nor has she been destructive and chewed anything up, lucky for her or else hubby would have found her another home fast. What is the Min Pins nature?

FYI, I'm biased when it comes to what most say a breeds "nature" is as you can tell . Our Chihuahua LOVES kids. We trained her that way by getting her used to lots of people, noises, etc. We also had a Dalmatian that LOVED our girls when we had them. He would be a total baby for any kid especially girls that gave him attention. A dog is what you make them. You want them to be great around a family w/ young kids it can be done.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:01 AM

1 posts, read 9,625 times
Smile MinPins in Oregon

I have 2 pins now. I just lost the love of my life last week. His name was Riley and he was a tiny little guy, 7 pounds. I have his half brother Murhpy 2.5 year old red 12 pounds also have a 5 yr old black/tan Oliver. We live in Salem, Ore. I would love to breed Murphy once before we have him fixed and try for another little one. No one will ever replace my little Riley, but I do miss having a little one to cuddle on my chest and tote in a pouch. Oliver has been fixed so know pups for him. I love the personality of the MINPIN and know that this is the breed for me. Have had all kinds of dogs and find these to be the sweetest and most loyal little guys.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:55 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,881,664 times
Min Pins are great! We have one: "Little Annie", who is now about 2 yrs old. She was supposed to be my wife's dog, but instead she has bonded with both of us. This is one of the best dogs I have ever owned, very loving disposition, and cuter than all get out. Constantly getting into mischief, of course, but this could be just her young age. We have to watch her food intake, because she is like a pig...eating everything and anything. (she was 15 lbs the last we weighed her at the vet). She is an excellent watch dog. One day she heard a noise outside and started barking. When my wife looked out the window to see, there was a stranger in our garage, who ran quickly away at the sound of the barking. I doubt he knew it was just a little itty bitty dog making all that noise! You can see some pics of Annie in my Pets post "Who Has the Cutest Pet?"

Bud

Old 04-10-2007, 09:36 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,154,502 times
BudinAK.... How much do you feed your little min pin? And what?
Mine is totally obese. He looks like a little pig with four sticks holding him up. He's active, he runs, his heart is ok but he's still young (going on 4 yrs). I need him to lose weight and I've been trying, but he doesn't. He has no diabetes either. I don't want him to get sick because of the overweight but I feel so bad when he's desperate for food. :-(

Old 04-10-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
BudinAK.... How much do you feed your little min pin? And what?
Mine is totally obese. He looks like a little pig with four sticks holding him up. He's active, he runs, his heart is ok but he's still young (going on 4 yrs). I need him to lose weight and I've been trying, but he doesn't. He has no diabetes either. I don't want him to get sick because of the overweight but I feel so bad when he's desperate for food. :-(

She gets fed dry dog food, about 1/2 cup a day, and milk bones (my wife gets both from Walmart, but I forget the brand) Also, she gets the occasional table scrap, or to "lick the plate" after we finish dinner. She seems to crave this ritual, even if there is only just a taste of whatever was for dinner. I am a little worried that she might be gaining too much weight, so we may be changing her diet in the near future.

Bud

Old 04-10-2007, 06:34 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,154,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
She gets fed dry dog food, about 1/2 cup a day, and milk bones (my wife gets both from Walmart, but I forget the brand) Also, she gets the occasional table scrap, or to "lick the plate" after we finish dinner. She seems to crave this ritual, even if there is only just a taste of whatever was for dinner. I am a little worried that she might be gaining too much weight, so we may be changing her diet in the near future.

Bud
1/2 cup??? That's it? A whole day? Her stomach probably never even finds out she had any food.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
1/2 cup??? That's it? A whole day? Her stomach probably never even finds out she had any food.
I was at work, and just took a guess how much was in her dish. When I got home and looked, it is more like a full cup. From the looks of her belly, she should be getting a half-cup though!

Bud

Old 04-15-2007, 12:25 PM

WELL! This has certainly been an interesting morning. We woke up to the sound of our "Little Annie" hacking, gagging, and coughing. When we looked, there was Annie with a piece of thread hanging out her mouth! Imagining the worst (a needle on the end?) my wife pulled slowly on the thread...with Annie all the while gagging. Out it came, inch by inch, foot by foot. We pulled carefully, not wanting to break the thread. Finally.....FIVE FEET LATER...the end came out: a little ball of knotted twisted thread, and NO needle (thank God!) We pointed at the thread, then to Annie, saying "BAD....BAD!!!" I hope she leaves thread alone in the future. Sheesh!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/KL7EU/AnniePacifier.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by BudinAk; 04-15-2007 at 12:44 PM..

Old 04-19-2007, 08:01 PM

1 posts, read 9,383 times
Question Mighty Joe

I just adopted a min pin 2 days ago! I love the little guy (except when he goes #1 & #2 inside my house lol) other than that hes great! His old person died the day after easter and somone was just gonna put him to sleep. Then there is me walkin into his life and didnt even know what to expect. He is seriously the best dog/ pup I have ever had. He is fixed and I noticed (so did his vet) he is a little bit overweight or leaning twards it. How do I help that? I spoke with somone about a pet food called Royal Canine and aparently its the poo. But i didnt know what to think. and Organic food i guess is good? somone help me I need to learn fast before my little hefer explodes lol

Last edited by bobby.black; 04-19-2007 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: I want to add a picture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs