Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 01:56 PM

369 posts, read 2,160,303 times

Advertisements

We got our manchester terrier neutered on tuesday.. 5/5/09.. One of his balls didn't drop, so his neuter was more in depth.. in the end he had 3 incisions. The vet described it to us as a neuter and a spay almost due to the location of his undropped testicle.. Anyways, we were set to go back on monday 5/11/09 for a check up. Everything seemed like it was healing fine until I woke up this morning.. Near my dogs penis is a bubble.. its pretty nasty looking... I called the vet but they are not open until monday.. I'm wondering if this could wait til monday or if this is an emergency.. Looks pretty nasty. Let me know what you think..

P.S he has had his E collar on since the surgery... he hasn't been licking or biting his wounds....

Last edited by kris; 01-09-2014 at 06:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 02:37 PM

14,785 posts, read 23,953,955 times
No get that dog to an emergency vet cause he may not be able to go to the bathroom if you dont I wish you luck I have never heard of this . My dog ate his outside stitches , because we could not get an elizabethan collar small enough . he is a very small chi only 5lbs . so get the dog to the vet please . good luck .

Old 05-09-2009, 03:08 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,962,502 times
I would take him to the E-Vet asap. It looks like he needs to be re-sutured to me. I'm not sure what is coming out of his incision there, but it doesn't look like anything good. I know it's expensive, but if you value your pup's health you're gonna have to. Sorry.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:43 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,621,854 times
Emergency! YIKES, THAT POOR BABY! GET HIM THERE RIGHT AWAY....KEEP US POSTED AS TO WHAT THAT IS AND THAT THE LITTLE GUY IS OK!

Old 05-09-2009, 03:54 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,587,238 times
That looks like a hernia - get him to the vet ASAP. If the bowel dies, he will need more-and risky-surgery or he could die. NOW! go!

Old 05-09-2009, 04:17 PM

3,729 posts, read 12,349,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench Warmer View Post
We got our manchester terrier neutered on tuesday.. 5/5/09.. One of his balls didn't drop, so his neuter was more in depth.. in the end he had 3 incisions. The vet described it to us as a neuter and a spay almost due to the location of his undropped testicle.. Anyways, we were set to go back on monday 5/11/09 for a check up. Everything seemed like it was healing fine until I woke up this morning.. Near my dogs penis is a bubble.. its pretty nasty looking... I called the vet but they are not open until monday.. I'm wondering if this could wait til monday or if this is an emergency.. Looks pretty nasty. Let me know what you think..

P.S he has had his E collar on since the surgery... he hasn't been licking or biting his wounds....
DITTO! LOOKS LIKE A HERNIA - GET YOUR BOY TO THE VET IMMEDIATELY. IT COULD STRANGULATE & THEN YOU COULD LOOSE HIM. PLEASE PLEASE DON'T WAIT. LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:21 PM

518 posts, read 2,053,924 times
I agree with everyone here, take him to the emergency vet. An infection could be setting in.
How old is he?
Could the neuter have waiting until the testicle dropped? (If it was going to, sometimes they don't).

Please let us know how he's doing. Hope it goes well.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:48 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,389,359 times
It does not look like an infection. An infection would be hot to the touch and the skin around that area would be red and inflamed. This looks to me like a fluid filled sack of some sort. I think I read about something like this when I was researching the issue with MAK's dog PC. Sometimes after a neuter, there is bleeding into the scro-tum sack, but in your case, the teste was in the abdomen, so my guess is that some fluid is collecting here instead. From what I've read, normally, the body will reabsorb the blood. If you are concerned, go to the emergency and have them take a look at it. Otherwise, keep an eye on it and call your vet in the morning.

W.

Note: I had to hyphenate scro-tum because the system was blocking it out!

Last edited by Woof Woof Woof!; 05-09-2009 at 05:00 PM..

Old 05-09-2009, 05:07 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,962,502 times
What I see in the pictures looks like tissue to me, perhaps body wall? I can't tell for sure.

It's not uncommon for the scrotal sac to fill with fluid and become inflammed after a neuter, but that is not what's happening here. In fact, it looks to me as if the entire suture line has come undone and the incision is open. This needs to be taken care of right away. I hope the OP has already taken their dog in.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:06 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,654,112 times
Yes vet STAT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs