Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2016, 12:10 PM

44 posts, read 331,827 times

Advertisements

We had to put our cocker spaniel down because he was having seizures. The emergency vet told us that because of his age and that he just started having them, it was something neurological. Even if money was no object ,his quality of life had to be taken into consideration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 03:30 PM

5 posts, read 7,079 times
I have a major problem, no money and a Great Pyrenese that can no longer walk as of a week and is thrashing at times her head on the floor. I am soooooo sad and want to help her but can't. She is 14 which is very old for her breed. She definately looks like she is dying but has a very strong will to survive. What can I do???

Old 09-02-2016, 04:26 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,988,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguiretjej View Post
I have a major problem, no money and a Great Pyrenese that can no longer walk as of a week and is thrashing at times her head on the floor. I am soooooo sad and want to help her but can't. She is 14 which is very old for her breed. She definately looks like she is dying but has a very strong will to survive. What can I do???
You do whatever you need to do to get your dog the veterinary care it needs. Pawn your tv, computer, jewelry, et, apply for Carecredit, make payment arrangements with your vet, borrow money from friends or family, ask for an advance from work.

Get off the computer, get your act together, and do right by your dog.

Old 09-03-2016, 01:04 AM

1,801 posts, read 2,924,625 times
We allowed our last beautiful girl die naturally but i must say it was heartbreaking, it was aslo very stressfull watching her struggle. i personally would never do it again. I don't think it is fair on the animal they cannot tell you how much pain they are in, i held her and stroked her for what seemed like hours. Never again.

Old 09-03-2016, 05:44 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,107,382 times
Quote:
Take her to a vet and have her mercifully euthanized. They will help you with a payment plan. It is not very expensive and will save you and your dog a lot of trauma.

Old 09-03-2016, 05:55 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
I have learned the hard way that not euthanizing a dog that is suffering is really kind of selfish. Sure, we all want them to live forever but if you've done all you can do, letting them go is is best thing you can do for them.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:33 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Your dog needs you to do the right thing. If you are truly short on funds some local shelters/pounds will euthanize for a discounted price or they will refer you to a vet that will work with you. Call them. Google the name of your city and dog pound to get the number. Do not just drop her off and run, she deserves your love and care as much to get through this final event in her life as she has at any other time. .

Old 09-20-2016, 11:22 AM

To the really insensitive person that said get your act together, I have had open heart surgery, have no rings no new clothes havent had my hair cut in 10 years and still have teenagers. Vets arent very willing to work with you, we had a friend put her out of her misery, yes she had to be shot.......jerk!!!!!

Old 09-20-2016, 11:25 AM

twelve paw life was different when we got her, **** happens and we all loved that dog, oh but your soooooo perfect right

Old 09-20-2016, 11:31 AM

ok now i got that off my chest, we had to put her out of her misery and she went in less than a second. We have buried her on our property with a tree and cross she is still our protector. She was greatful and she doesnt suffer anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs