Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:18 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times

Advertisements

Somebody tie her tubes.... the world doesn't need her raising anymore kids.

Or dogs, for that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 08:20 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Huh. At our dog parks, the owners have to have the dogs within eyesight and voice control at all times. So much for leaving the dog there.

What a nut job. Feel sorry for the husband, as well.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:20 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,420,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Somebody tie her tubes.... the world doesn't need her raising anymore kids.

Or dogs, for that matter.

LOL...I wonder if this person was 'OctoMom"?

Old 05-04-2009, 08:23 AM

821 posts, read 2,038,382 times
I just can't believe someone would say that. I'm totally speachless

Old 05-04-2009, 10:07 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
Have to share what I heard at the dog park today as to me it was unbelievable!

There was a couple there that had a lab and a toddler of course they sat under the trees in the shade and let the toddler walk around which I think is dangerous at a dog park ( and yes this is a fenced in DOG PARK). There are just too many big dogs racing around having a good time. When they decided to leave their dog would not come so they start walking to the gate and the wife is telling her husband " lets just leave him here, he is microchipped so some one will get him back to us" The man kept saying " you go ahead to the car and I will get him" The wife was getting angry at him and kept saying " he will be OK he is microchipped so they can find us" and then she stormed off with the toddler. Thank God the Man did catch the dog and left with him.

It just blew my mind that this woman thinks a mircochip relieves her from being responsible for her dog and assumes that others should be responsible for him and get him home to her! Some people! I don't think that woman should be allowed to have a dog.

I just had to share that before I head off to work as I still do not believe she said that!
I wouldn't have been able to control myself with that comment. They would've heard my $.02, actually it probably would've been more like a buck and a half!

Old 05-04-2009, 11:41 AM

16,670 posts, read 17,435,450 times
Quote:

There was a couple there that had a lab and a toddler of course they sat under the trees in the shade and let the toddler walk around which I think is dangerous at a dog park ( and yes this is a fenced in DOG PARK). There are just too many big dogs racing around having a good time. When they decided to leave their dog would not come so they start walking to the gate and the wife is telling her husband " lets just leave him here, he is microchipped so some one will get him back to us" The man kept saying " you go ahead to the car and I will get him" The wife was getting angry at him and kept saying " he will be OK he is microchipped so they can find us" and then she stormed off with the toddler. Thank God the Man did catch the dog and left with him.

It just blew my mind that this woman thinks a mircochip relieves her from being responsible for her dog and assumes that others should be responsible for him and get him home to her! Some people! I don't think that woman should be allowed to have a dog.

I just had to share that before I head off to work as I still do not believe she said that!
Let's hope the wife isn't microchipped, so when she gets lost she stays lost.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:41 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
I am thinking they should not be allowed to have a toddler let alone a dog. What morons.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:46 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
She may really want to just get rid of the dog.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:57 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,779,335 times
Quote:

That may seem insane, but I will never judge parents of toddlers ever again...

Old 05-04-2009, 01:24 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,588,711 times
Jezer, Liked your comment! I kind of wondered if the husband was thinking that too! I was just relieved that he did take the dog and not listen to his wife.

On the plus side of the dog park there is a bike trail that runs along the outside of the fence on one side and I have noticed an elderly man that rides up on his bike, sits on a bench that is facing the dog park and eats his dinner while watching and enjoying all the dogs . He seems to know who all the regulars are as yesterday when I was by the fence he asked me where Leroy was, said that Leroy is one of his favorites. Leroy is the most adorable 6 month old basset hound and he is sooooo funny. I thought it was rather nice that rather then eat dinner all alone he comes over to watch the " dog show" while enjoying his dinner !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs