Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 08:18 PM

458 posts, read 1,355,130 times

Advertisements

Just a question and it may sound silly, but has a new neighbor moved in or anything around you changed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 07:29 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
Thanks everyone.. sorry meant to post last night an update.

He was fine last night even took his 'baby' outside with him on the last trip before bed. :

It could be the incident with Bernie who is less than 2 yo. but has lived with us for a year. Bernie was suppose to be a foster who found a home recently but was returned because he was sad. I know Bernie loves the Weim and follows her everywhere so maybe he was just trying to make sure Harley didn't come between them??

They are all neutered and/or spayed so it wasn't because she was in heat.

Old 03-02-2010, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 17,523 times
my dog acts like she is scared, she has been trembling all day.She has done this before but has not lasted but a few hours.Also I cleaned up her stool and it was dry and white colored .I gave her a bone from our roast last night.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:53 PM

1 posts, read 17,290 times
my JRT is 6 yrs old and is having the same issues this just happened for the last 3 days.. i have no money at this time to take him to the vet.. i thought he ate something at first so i gave him benydryl cause you can give your dogs that. i wasn't sure if he was having an allergic reaction or what. but i have read all of your thoughts and im calling the vets tomorrow along with doing the anel sac i usually releace them when i give him a bath. i hope that works..

Old 06-10-2010, 07:57 AM

1,201 posts, read 4,539,604 times
My neighbors dog did this and he ended up having galbladder stones or kidney stones, I can't remember which. Either way....he was in a lot of pain, trembling, tail down, not his happy usual self. She took him to the vet and found this out and he's on meds right now and will eventually need surgery.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:55 PM

577 posts, read 1,758,627 times
My dog did this two nights in a row and I finally figured out that it was a wasp that was stuck in the house freaking her out. She likes to chase and snap at moths, flies whatever and I think she may have got a sting. So then whenever she heard the buzzing of the one caught in the house... she trembled, laid next to me, and was all freaked out. It was in a different room so I didnt make the connection until it was buzzing around me and she went and hid. I killed the wasp that night, she still trembled a little but nothing like when she was hearing the buzzing. The next day she was fine.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 17,078 times
Cosmo, our 12 year old terrier mix has been having similar weird symptoms, shaking/trembling, jumping on me and won't sit or stay, trying to get up, and won't leave my side, panting. This happened a while back and then stopped all on it's own. Also more gas than usual but that has stopped. Now the weirdness is back with no apparent changes to food or life except that he is getting older. I plan to take him to the vet if it continues but I'm disheartened by other posts with no clues.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:13 PM

2 posts, read 17,921 times
Default Shaking and clinginess in dogs

My dog, a 7 year old 17-lb adopted Yorkie mix with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) on Science I/D, has recently begun a lot of trembling, tail down, lip-licking and restlessness, along with some hindquarter weakness. Going to the vet today, but my suspicion is either Addison's Disease (adrenal insufficiency) or hypoglycemia -- both of which have trembling as one possible symptom, but also lots of symptoms my little guy DOESN'T have. Ask the vet to do a blood test for glucose level (hypoglycemia) and potassium/sodium levels (Addisons). Neither test is definitive but could point in some directions to investigate. If the trembling is just fear or anxiety, it would be in response to some sort of stress. If there is no obvious stress (for example, my dog wakes up in our bed in the morning with the shakes), then it is NOT anxiety. But it is not normal, so kick your vet into gear and don't let them take an easy way out. God luck.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:57 PM

237 posts, read 967,364 times
Hi my dog does that when he is anxious. He will pant and shake and follow me everywhere. I would keep and eye on him and see if he is still eating and not lethargic. If he is you might need to bring him to the vet Good luck

Old 04-01-2011, 11:00 AM

1 posts, read 16,355 times
Anyone see this resolve in their dog and if so how? similar story with my dog a yellow lab cattle dog mix. previously very active, 10 years old but can outrun younger dogs. over a week of the same periodic shaking. nothing comes up in lab tests or 3 vet visits except an infected ear, and lyme which was considered a non-factor from years ago. dog is not favoring or scratching 'bad' ear, is on anti fungal, antibiotic ear drops and i insisted on another course of doxycycline. ruled out an obstruction and blood tests are perfect. normal eating and drinking habits. good activity level but the shaking upon waking, even shaking at night during sleep (we are talking consistent for a half hour to an hour or more) is what i'm seeing. hasn't had this behavior before. what were some of the outcomes to your dogs symptoms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs