U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 01:03 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,608,248 times
Default Rocky gets fixed!!! Poor guy..............

That would be Rocky, my dog, not Rocky as in Sylvester Stallone!!

Rocky is our Rhodesian Ridgeback. He is about 1-1/2 years old and weighs 100lbs! He has been raised with our other dog that is a female Vizsla (sp?). I think this was the first time he has ever been separated from her for any amount of time. He thinks she is "Mom" - and he is definitely a "Momma's Boy"!

Well, this guy was the most pitiful, big baby you have ever seen! I got him inside the vets office and there was a little Chocolate Lab puppy that wanted to play with him, and he was terrified of it!! He was so nervous that he kept looking at me to make sure I was still there, and he would just push himself into me and try to hide. He got tons of attention because he was such a pitiful, sweet boy!

My dh picked him up and brought him home yesterday. When I got home, I saw him in this HUGE "cone collar", and he looked so ashamed....
Now he is feeling better, and WATCH OUT!!!! I think everyone has fallen victim to this thing - - - He can hardly turn around in a room without knocking into someone or something, and he was never a graceful dog to begin with!! I was going to post a picture of him in this thing, but my camera battery is dead. Maybe I will try later!!

I told my dh that hopefully he doesn't even remember the trip to the vet, because if he does, he will probably never go for a "truck ride" with me again!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 01:32 PM

16,275 posts, read 29,862,519 times
Poor baby but it is the best thing to do. Hope he doesn't knock you all into next Sunday!

Old 06-11-2009, 03:10 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,608,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Poor baby but it is the best thing to do. Hope he doesn't knock you all into next Sunday!
Yeah, it is the best thing for him, and I would have done it long ago, but my husband had a hard time with it.................... Must be a guy thing!! We take the "cone" off him when we are able to keep an eye on him. He has already scooped the cat off his feet a few times!!

Old 06-11-2009, 03:16 PM

6,840 posts, read 3,405,338 times
Congratulations on being a responsible pet-owner and neutering your dog. I hope you've taken the same precaution with your female, as well. There are so many reasons why this was the right choice, and I commend you.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:44 PM

Your huisband is just like every other guy I've heard of, with a male dog. They seem to take it personally when the dog needs snipping. And those stupid neuticles have to have been invented by a man!

Old 06-11-2009, 06:02 PM

13,321 posts, read 29,633,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Your huisband is just like every other guy I've heard of, with a male dog. They seem to take it personally when the dog needs snipping.
Agree.
The spouse always puts off neutering, but did not have any problem with our female dog getting spayed (or, for that matter, ME getting "fixed.")

Old 06-11-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Agree.
The spouse always puts off neutering, but did not have any problem with our female dog getting spayed (or, for that matter, ME getting "fixed.")
LOL! So like a guy....

Old 06-11-2009, 07:33 PM

4,116 posts, read 2,009,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsh1127 View Post
That would be Rocky, my dog, not Rocky as in Sylvester Stallone!!

Rocky is our Rhodesian Ridgeback. He is about 1-1/2 years old and weighs 100lbs! He has been raised with our other dog that is a female Vizsla (sp?). I think this was the first time he has ever been separated from her for any amount of time. He thinks she is "Mom" - and he is definitely a "Momma's Boy"!

Well, this guy was the most pitiful, big baby you have ever seen! I got him inside the vets office and there was a little Chocolate Lab puppy that wanted to play with him, and he was terrified of it!! He was so nervous that he kept looking at me to make sure I was still there, and he would just push himself into me and try to hide. He got tons of attention because he was such a pitiful, sweet boy!

My dh picked him up and brought him home yesterday. When I got home, I saw him in this HUGE "cone collar", and he looked so ashamed....
Now he is feeling better, and WATCH OUT!!!! I think everyone has fallen victim to this thing - - - He can hardly turn around in a room without knocking into someone or something, and he was never a graceful dog to begin with!! I was going to post a picture of him in this thing, but my camera battery is dead. Maybe I will try later!!

I told my dh that hopefully he doesn't even remember the trip to the vet, because if he does, he will probably never go for a "truck ride" with me again!!
AAwww how cute is he and he sure knows it I am sure he is just glad to be back home with mommy oh yeah and you as well

Old 06-11-2009, 11:52 PM

1,121 posts, read 2,052,531 times
Well, I think your DH was probably more distressed than your baby. He will be as frisky as always in a day or two and so will your Dog. LOL You are a responsible pet owner. Thank you.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:34 AM

556 posts, read 1,568,804 times
Must be awful for a dog to wake up without his "parts" to lick! But less likely to roam; less likely to develop testicular cancer, too! About those lampshades: if you go with the plastic, Elizabethan collar, hopefully your vet at least gave you a CLEAR plastic one. For my dog, I bought a soft, inflatable style post-surgery collar from Drs. Foster & Smith online--not cheap! But easier for dog and everyone else. This way I have it on hand for any future injuries/surgeries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs