Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 01:48 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suecharlo View Post
K I understand the dog may have or not have been treated as we see fit, however it's not ours to take a dog and rehome it, wonder if someone did the same to us? if anything I would not return the dog but call a rescue agency of some sort and let them go through the steps I'm sure they will make the right move on what you said little ones body looked like,
A better answer than mine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 03:50 PM

795 posts, read 4,538,063 times
oh, lola -- you're gonna make me cry...as i read this and then look at my 12-year old shih tzu sleeping on his comforter.

i cut his hair myself, and trust me, you know it FASST if you nick them...and burn them? holy crap, you can feel the razor getting hot in your own hand. this makes me just feel sick.

what did you decide to do?

Old 06-14-2009, 11:15 PM

1,458 posts, read 4,132,564 times
Thanks, All, for the feedback.

Tomorrow I will file a "found" report with animal control. If someone claims him, they'll have to talk to the cruelty investigator first. The cruelty investigator happened to be at PetSmart yesterday when I took him to look for a chip, and took a good look at him...was not happy with his condition. BTW, after advising me of what to do, she then suggested I keep him.

I hope no one claims him, and I can re-home him myself (not with me, I've had several offers to take him).

He has a chip, but they said it is a "breeder" chip...I called the 3 1-800#s they gave me, and one place told me that is a chip they register, but no one has ever registered him.

Yes, I know that I should give the owners the benefit of a doubt. I do know the woman who told me about the family he might belong to, so it isn't some stranger just saying anything.
Attached Thumbnails
I found a sad little dog today-dscf2138.jpg   I found a sad little dog today-dscf2139.jpg   I found a sad little dog today-dscf2143.jpg   I found a sad little dog today-dscf2146.jpg   I found a sad little dog today-dscf2141.jpg  

Old 06-14-2009, 11:33 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
Oh poor baby! I can't imagine anyone going on after the first cut. Good for you fro helping him!

Old 06-15-2009, 12:18 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
If someone did something like that to me, I would hope that someone found me a new and better home. I don't see how they could have done that without knowing they were hurting the dog; it must have made the dog cry and try to get away. It seems that it did. It deserves better.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:04 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,225 times
Poor little guy!!! Thank you for helping him!!!

Old 06-15-2009, 09:56 AM

795 posts, read 4,538,063 times
oh, lola! i am so glad that you talked to the animal cruelty investigator...those pictures just made me sick! i hope you are able to keep him and rehome him. my fingers are crossed, crossed, crossed!

Old 06-15-2009, 02:12 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,934,076 times
Yep - that little guy should be in a witness protection program and offered the chance to start over!

Old 06-15-2009, 03:31 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,190 times
Just looked at those pics. That is animal abuse. If you know someone who wants to give him a good home let them have the little guy. I would not turn him in anywhere at this point. Not in that condition. Your good deed is halfway done, now continue and try to get him to someone you know and who will give him a good home! As a rescuer, I have seen my fair share of animal abuse and this is what our rescue group would do! Rehome him yourself if you are able to! I will keep my fingers crossed a good home will find that little guy!
Good luck and thanx again for saving him!

Old 06-15-2009, 04:18 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,587,684 times
Are you sure the cuts are from a razor and not that the dog had some skin condition and was shaved down for a reason? My cocker of many years ago had bad skin issues and at one point I had to have her shaved down and I do mean almost down to her bare skin to get the skin condition under control and you might have thought she was abused too instead of being the pamered pooch she was.

Funny thing was I left the groomer and wanted her to get in the Car ASAP as she looked bad and I did not want to be seen with this naked dog with skin rashes yet she pranced out of that grooming shop as if she felt she was one hot looking dog! It was all about attitude and she did have that!

I think way too often we pass judgement when we do not know the truth. If Phoenix ran off people trying to catch her that do not know her would all assume she was abused as being deaf she is very shy until she knows a person so many of you would assume because she shyed away from you she was abused yet she too lives a very pampered good life so give other people the benefit of the doubt and don't just assume the worst.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs