U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 09:51 PM

4,582 posts, read 5,006,699 times

Advertisements

Some news I want to share but I know there will be mixed emotions.

I originally started this paragraph with " I'm a 46 year old woman that has raised 3 girls".

Why do I feel like I have to justify my choice? Because I know how many dogs are out there.

Here goes............

I have loved labs my whole adult life. I've had 2 mixes that were wonderful. I finally could afford my pure breed about 3 years ago and was stupid and got him from a BYB. Some of you might remember this. His pic is on my profile. Love you Ben. He had a hole in his heart. My wonderful vet and I kept him alive for a wonderful 3 years together. He was on 7 medications. It was hereditary. His parents should not have been bred. Ok, so past all this.

I am getting another pure bred. My vets office helped me and we have found the most wonderful breeder. He has passed all the questions that you all have said are important. I can tell his dogs are not money makers but his babies. The have wonderful heritage and many awards. They are a wonderful example of the english lab. Miss Holly was artifically inseminated because she gets a little mean to the male if she is not feeling romantic. He doesn't want any of his babies hurt.

He said that justation is normally 63 days but she always goes in 61. This is her last litter, she's 7. Pups should be here August 15. Hopefully there will be a black male. If not yellow male sounds good. This means I will have a baby home right around October 15. Nice weather in Louisiana at the time for a puppy.

I can't tell you all how excited I am. I waited a long time for my lab and because of my stupidity, I had him for 3 years knowing the he could go at any time.

I feel like I am doing it right this time. I do feel guilty for not adopting but he will need a friend so...........adoption will be coming once he is through his training. Another Black Lab mix but an older dog that might be looked over.

One more thing that I feel I need to add. He will be nutered unless the breeder is intersted in breeding him. This is a champion line but since I don't know enough the only way I will let him be bred is if this original breeder is interested. Otherwise.....snip, snip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 04:47 AM

10,091 posts, read 36,770,422 times
Jesse, congrats on your new baby! Looking forward to lots of pics!

Old 06-18-2009, 07:57 AM

4,582 posts, read 5,006,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Jesse, congrats on your new baby! Looking forward to lots of pics!
Thanks Shelby! If only the next 4 months can fly by....

Old 06-18-2009, 08:54 AM

16,649 posts, read 26,630,359 times
Ooohhhh! I'm so envious!!!!

Congratulations!!! I know the time will fly be, even though you'll feel like it's an eternity.

My neighbor recently got two Lab puppies -- a golden male and a black female. Oh my God, they're gorgeous beyond belief. He also got them from a reputable breeder and their temperaments are FABULOUS! (Oh, and did I mention that they're gorgeous? )

Anyway, enjoy your time now... and enjoy your time after you get your pup.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:09 AM

4,585 posts, read 10,815,293 times
Congrats and enjoy your puppy...can't wait for photos

Old 06-18-2009, 09:24 AM

65 posts, read 308,536 times
Default The wait was worth it!

We lost our beloved JRT in Dec. and found a good breeder and picked out our new baby at 1 day old! Waiting those 8 weeks were so lonely! We have never done such a thing before! We did get to visit "Scarlet" 4 or 5 times and got to watch her grow up a bit, and when we got to PU her up, we also purchased her cousin "Rowdy" and came home with two. Best decision we ever made!

Old 06-18-2009, 09:30 AM

10,091 posts, read 36,770,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
Thanks Shelby! If only the next 4 months can fly by....
LOL...Just hang out here with us! We can help the time fly by!

Old 06-18-2009, 10:38 AM

56 posts, read 147,700 times
Congrats on your soon to be baby coming home

Old 06-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 8,924,826 times
Congratulations!!!

Very exciting! October seems so far away!

Now you have lots of time to baby proof your place!

Old 06-18-2009, 11:20 AM

9,352 posts, read 16,776,804 times
congratulations on your impending new family member..... how exciting for you!!

and what a good idea to go rescue for a companion to the new kid.....

so sorry to read of your other poor fella.......what a good looking boy he was!! you gave him the best life possible, something for which you should be proud......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs