U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 12:07 PM

5,027 posts, read 13,429,036 times

Advertisements

Have you ever spent the day with a 2 year old child? They stick their fingers into everything, including down their own pants after pooping in them. Yes, children are so much cleaner than dogs. And most parents of toddler have this sense of entilement where they allow their little angel to throw food and spill drinks all over and expect the waiter to clean it all up after they leave.

We bring our dog with us almost everywhere we go. Here in San Diego, many restaurants allow dogs on the outdoor patios and an increasing amount of these places have Yappy hours, where you get together with fellow dog owners. My dog is extremley well behaved and lays under my chair the entire time we are there. I can't say the same about little Joerdan and Nevaeh (yea, I don't know what happened to names these days either), who are running around the restaurant screaming while their parents do nothing to stop them.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:17 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,281,835 times
Also, I *think* it's irrefutable, but the presence of animals lowers our blood pressure, and kind of "gentles" people up, if you know what I mean. Having an animal present starts conversations, brings out smiles, softens expressions, etc.

Having dogs in stores, cafes, hospitals, etc. should be mandatory if just for the medical benefits!

Old 06-20-2009, 01:00 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,192,417 times
Dogs may be tolerated much more today because, when they cough and sneeze without covering their mouths, they are so much closer to the floor than all the humans who do these things.

Also, they don't obnoxiously yack on cellphones -- also holding up the lines doing this, so people are probably more happy to see the dogs than more humans in the p[lace.

Sometimes, dogs also smell better than humans. And easier on the sinuses.

Old 06-20-2009, 02:09 PM

2,779 posts, read 6,811,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
Um...No, it's not nasty. If you don't like it, you can leave. My dogs are cleaner and better behaved than most of the toddler brats that parents inflict on others in the same establishments.

You ARE able to leave if you don't like it.
I gladly second that! I am legally permitted to take my dog into an eating establishment and have done so often without incident. Who wants to eat around people who don't like dogs?

Old 06-20-2009, 02:13 PM

15,849 posts, read 30,393,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
No, I am not talking about a seeing eye dog neither.

I was sitting in Carabou Coffeee ejoying my smoothie and all of a sudden a guy walks in with his black Lab. I was like "huh"!

He looked around as if it was a normal thing to do.

Why on eath would someone bring a dog inside of a eating establishment?

I see it all the time here in Chicago. We have a lot of outdoor resturants and it never fails someone always has their dog with them.
In Europe it is not unusual to see dogs accompanying their owners everywhere, including INSIDE restaurants.

My thoughts are that most dogs are a lot better behaved than most children. Personally, I'd take a black lab over a two year old at a restaurant any day.

In most cases the dogs are cleaner than the two year olds too LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-20-2009, 02:38 PM

24,843 posts, read 32,433,577 times
We have a small township. Both of my dogs go in to vote.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:44 PM

315 posts, read 977,913 times
my initial reaction to the op is that they don't have a dog. why else would they find a dog in a resturant offensive? do they believe people will let their dogs go to the bathroom in the resturant?

my dogs are very well behaved. i feed them with a fork and they say please ( well i know it means please when they woof,) and thank you ( maybe the kissing is what the op objects to) so i maintain my dogs are better behaved then almost all children and many adults eating along side me.
just my humble view.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:59 PM

737 posts, read 2,251,446 times
makes me like Chicago even more!

Old 06-20-2009, 04:11 PM

6,662 posts, read 26,331,918 times
That's what I miss the most from living in Carmel - dog friendly. We often ate at The Forge In The Forest and he could sit next to me instead of waiting in the truck. The city had a nice list available of dog friendly restaurants.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:10 PM

2,779 posts, read 6,811,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post

Why on eath would someone bring a dog inside of a eating establishment?
To get something to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or