Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 06:15 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,987,880 times

Advertisements

Are you really that concerned about the food being contaminated? Really? Or is it that you don't like animals, which is fine. I have no problem with it - obviously because I have 3 dogs and have brought them into establishments that I know allow dogs. I wouldn't just assume that I could bring them in however.

I also agree that people that bring their dogs into coffee shops, etc typically have them under control. Unlike many parents nowadays.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:05 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,659,603 times
In Europe dogs go everywhere! I think it is great!

Old 06-20-2009, 09:39 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post

Why on eath would someone bring a dog inside of a eating establishment?

I see it all the time here in Chicago. We have a lot of outdoor resturants and it never fails someone always has their dog with them.
Believe me, by hanging around dogs, your immunosystem will be stronger and you will not have to worry about dog flu if it will ever hit us. Good for you!!!

Old 06-20-2009, 09:52 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,584,333 times
I'm grossed out by buffets, actually...who knows where these people have put their hands before they reach into that pile of cornbread? Or how many have colds and sneeze their nasty little germs right into the salad? YUCK! My dogs are cleaner than most people...with much better manners, I might add...lol!

Old 06-20-2009, 11:22 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,265,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
Um...No, it's not nasty. If you don't like it, you can leave. My dogs are cleaner and better behaved than most of the toddler brats that parents inflict on others in the same establishments.

You ARE able to leave if you don't like it.
Couldn't have said it better myself. In fact, when it comes to hman hair n my food, I am repulsed. My dog's hair, no worries

Old 06-20-2009, 11:41 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,342,237 times
LOL, there's an almost indentical thread up and running in the Shopping forum w/ similar responses

I love dog friendly stores and make a point to remember them and visit them. if the coffee shop allows dogs, what's the problem? service dogs aren't germ free, so if the lab was a guide dog, you'd still end up w/ germs in your food, if that's your main concern. best bet is to visit a business w/ a sign that expressly says "no dogs".

rather have a nice dog in a coffee shop than a bratty kid or nasty homeless guy hanging out near the registers or door begging for money (I swear, there are certain businesses in downtown Chicago that seemingly allow homeless people to beg for money inside the business. I've seen this happen a few times at some locations)

Old 06-21-2009, 01:50 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,936,349 times
Quote:
Who would want to eat food around someone eles dog?
In many cases, I'd rather eat food around somebody else's dog rather than sharing the company of that somebody else. Dogs seldom annoy.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:46 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,425,771 times
Quote:
I don't care how well behaved it is, a dog is a dirty animal. Who would want to eat food around someone eles dog?

gee-whiz maybe it's just me but that is nasty. It's a animal not a human. I do think there are certain people in the US that do not see anything wrong with it. Any many times these "certain people" kiss their dogs also. Imagine kissing something that sniffs Moderator cut: bleep !
That's your opinion. I've seen a ton of little kids that are much dirtier and less behaved than my dogs. I'd much rather eat someplace with well behaved pets than with someone's squalling little brat. But it's ok to bring them to restaurants and ruin other people's meals. And I grit my teeth and bear it. Just because they think their kid is cute when it runs in circles in the restaurant and screams when it doesn't get it's way doesn't mean I think it's cute. Quite frankly I'd love to shove a sock down their throats and tie them to their seat.

But that's just me.

Last edited by leorah; 06-22-2009 at 06:49 AM..

Old 06-21-2009, 02:48 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,413,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
That's your opinion. I've seen a ton of little kids that are much dirtier and less behaved than my dogs. I'd much rather eat someplace with well behaved pets than with someone's squalling little brat. But it's ok to bring them to restaurants and ruin other people's meals. And I grit my teeth and bear it. Just because they think their kid is cute when it runs in circles in the restaurant and screams when it doesn't get it's way doesn't mean I think it's cute. Quite frankly I'd love to shove a sock down their throats and tie them to their seat.

But that's just me.
LOL...I'm sorry, I couldn't help but giggle. We've all been there!
Now.....tell us how you REALLY feel!

Old 06-21-2009, 03:02 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,078,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post

But that's just me.
Amen and I love this response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs