Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 01:09 PM

369 posts, read 2,164,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
He will definitely eliminate less than when on kibble, but what size is the "pellet"? Pellet makes me think a small little ball... about the size of a jingle bell on a cat's collar. How big is your dog?

he took a nice dump today... 5 inch log... the 2 days prior to that he dropped 1 single pellet ... about the size of a cherry..

he's a 22lb manchester terrier
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 04:02 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,810,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench Warmer View Post
he took a nice dump today... 5 inch log... the 2 days prior to that he dropped 1 single pellet ... about the size of a cherry..

he's a 22lb manchester terrier
Sounds like he's adjusting!

Old 06-28-2009, 08:32 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,284,533 times
You will see a lot less poop on raw, since there aren't any fillers in the food. Be happy that you don't have to carry a giant turd-filled bag around with you when you take him for a walk. Just another advantage to raw!

Old 06-28-2009, 09:10 PM

68 posts, read 220,956 times
You are supposed to switch food a little at a time is what about 10 different people have told me including my vet, his two nurses and the others are all long time dog owners. This raw business sounds horrible. And that's all the dogie gets ???? Frozen patties ???? Good grief. And to bench warmer I would like to say that having the sheits is not fun nor funny. It's horrible. Have you ever had the sheits ????? And your dog pooping out a 5 inch turd is not normal either. None of these posts say a lot for any of these dogies. Very sad. : (

Old 06-28-2009, 10:45 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,810,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TITAN 777 View Post
You are supposed to switch food a little at a time is what about 10 different people have told me including my vet, his two nurses and the others are all long time dog owners. This raw business sounds horrible. And that's all the dogie gets ???? Frozen patties ???? Good grief. And to bench warmer I would like to say that having the sheits is not fun nor funny. It's horrible. Have you ever had the sheits ????? And your dog pooping out a 5 inch turd is not normal either. None of these posts say a lot for any of these dogies. Very sad. : (
When you're switching from one kibble brand to another, yes, you change to the new brand slowly. With raw you can go cold turkey.

Raw doesn't only consist of frozen patties... actual raw meat and bones (unground/ground) can be fed, depends on the individual owner. Chicken, turkey, pork, beef, duck, goat, vension, rabbit, fish, and just about anything else can be fed raw.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:14 PM

369 posts, read 2,164,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TITAN 777 View Post

What do you feed your dog? beneful? Stella and Chewys is almost as good as it gets. Your ignorant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs