U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 11:15 AM

10,091 posts, read 36,752,930 times

Advertisements

My daughter Chris works for FedEx in Utah, and starts work at 4am. Yesterday, she had just came up to the compound when she sees a truck with his headlights off, blocking part of the entrance into a gated area ....She doesn't recognize the truck and is leery about it...so slows way before gets to it and shines her brights on the truck. There is a guy standing by the back of the tailgate. When he sees her he throws something, jumps back into the truck and peels out of the area. She starts back up and shines her lights in the direction of what was thrown. There she sees a ball of fluff. She gets a towel out of the back of car and picks up a near dead puppy....She said it stank of death! She got the puppy inside...and was sure it would die within the hr. She said the puppy never opened her eyes, just layed limp. Super de-hydrated. She gave it some water..and said she tried to make as comfortable as possible..thinking it would be not long in this world. Around 7, when she knew her vet opened, it was still breathing, so she brought it in to the vet...and spent the day with it. They gave it 2 liters of fluids...ran all kinds of tests, but found the only thing wrong with it was the dehydration. She did have blood and "some non-discript goo" all over her. They think she was probably the last of a litter to live...she was lying among them and that's why she reeked so bad. And this *&%$# of a man (and I use the term loosely) was dumping them all.
Vet thinks she is between 8-10 weeks old, although to me she looks older...Anyway, Chris stayed with her all day...she said she never saw her open her eyes until late yesterday afternoon....Brought her home, still limp...but this morning a whole different puppy!!!!!!!!! Chris says it is obvious, she has never been in a house, or knows what a toy is..and is very leery of Chris' boyfriend...but fine with Chris. She actually has been aproached by the cats and appears to be fine with them. Weird thing is, she is a good weight...16 lbs., although she still has puppy breath, strong, so Mom was still feeding her. She didn't know what to do with food this morning. Chris says her coat is very "different", so I have a feeling I know what this pup could be...but I'll let you all give your views first.
Chris stopped to look around the area this morning when she got off work....she did find a bloody towel right where the truck had been parked. I don't think I want to know the whole story on this one...If Chris hadn't come along at that instant, no doubt the pup would have been dead. Temps are reaching over 100 degrees where she is right now.
In talking to Chris this morning...it looks like they may keep her...she has not met Repo yet...the rescue I found last Oct....she was taking it slow. But if all went well, it looks like this lil lady has found a home. If not, I'm sure Chris will find her a good home with one of their friends.
So....guesses anyone?

Don't ya just love the ears

Check out the size of the feet!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 11:45 AM

1,808 posts, read 5,857,530 times
The pup is adorable and your daughter is very kind-hearted to take such good care of her. Please keep us updated on her progress!

Old 06-24-2009, 12:04 PM

8,309 posts, read 34,286,212 times
Shelby,

Is it possible that's a coydog? I'm certainly not condoning what you described above, but it may explain some things...

Old 06-24-2009, 12:29 PM

Hey Jim....we actually do know there is a huge population of Wolf Hybrids in her particular area....and I'm wondering if this is what is is. She says the coat is very much like a wolf they use to care for at a Wildlife Sanctuary she worked for in Ca. But coyote is always a possibly as well. I think they will give her a chance to prove herself in the household and to see if she can safely get along with the other animals.
I will get to see her in person next week...so I'll keep you updated.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:31 PM

16,645 posts, read 26,610,334 times
Oh my gaaawwwddd, I'm in love with yet ANOTHER puppy that belongs to someone else!!!!

Chris is an angel who happened to be at the right place at the right time to save this precious baby's life. How's freakin' awesome!!!

Old 06-24-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Oh my gaaawwwddd, I'm in love with yet ANOTHER puppy that belongs to someone else!!!!

Chris is an angel who happened to be at the right place at the right time to save this precious baby's life. How's freakin' awesome!!!
LOL...I basically said the same thing. Right place at the right time for this little girl. From the start this kid has always managed to "find" the homeless animals. Can't tell you how many cats, dogs, kittens and puppies, just found their way into her room while growing up! One time, she went off to school and I went upstairs to find her door closed....opened it up...9 baby ducks in her bathroom! She told me the mama duck "just left" them by themselves The list is endless......

Old 06-24-2009, 12:43 PM

9,352 posts, read 16,766,093 times
she sounds like i was when i was a kid.... well, except for the ducks......

and what an adorable girl!! she is gonna be one big doggie when she is grown!!

how lucky for her that your chris found her......

too bad she couldn't get the jackazz's license plate number!! .... was he on fedex property?? possibly recorded by security camera(s)?? at minimum, i'm thinkin' he could be charged with trespassing......

Old 06-24-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
she sounds like i was when i was a kid.... well, except for the ducks......

and what an adorable girl!! she is gonna be one big doggie when she is grown!!

how lucky for her that your chris found her......

too bad she couldn't get the jackazz's license plate number!! .... was he on fedex property?? possibly recorded by security camera(s)?? at minimum, i'm thinkin' he could be charged with trespassing......
LOL...well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...I confess, I was the same! My mom came into my room and found trout and turtles swimming in the bath tub I shared with my "not so animal loving sis". I guess I never thought it through as to what to do with the fish when it was time to take a bath or shower!
Anyway...we thought of all that..but on the chance that this girl is a hybrid mix of somekind, she doesn't want to attract attention to her.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:49 PM

8,309 posts, read 34,286,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Hey Jim....we actually do know there is a huge population of Wolf Hybrids in her particular area....and I'm wondering if this is what is is. She says the coat is very much like a wolf they use to care for at a Wildlife Sanctuary she worked for in Ca. But coyote is always a possibly as well. I think they will give her a chance to prove herself in the household and to see if she can safely get along with the other animals.
I will get to see her in person next week...so I'll keep you updated.
I was assuming that your daughter was in your general area, hence coyote hybrid, but in any case wild hybrid was the first thing that came to mind. That coat is just too "different".

Old 06-24-2009, 12:51 PM

9,352 posts, read 16,766,093 times
good thinking..... i'm guessing then that sort of hyrbrid is frowned upon? or outright illegal??

if nothing else, she could just report having seen the jackazz and his truck on fedex property where he CLEARLY had no business......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or