Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 10:01 AM

692 posts, read 3,855,653 times

Advertisements

It's been a very long time since I have posted.

Things have been terribly busy, both in a good and bad way. Between this week and next week i'm scheduled to work around 95 hours: which for more is a lot. So it's been a little stressful and i've been really tired lately.

Last friday I actually had to go to the doctor for a bacterial infection in my throat. I think working so much, sleeping so little, and stress has just worn down on me. That was horrible and very painful! However they gave me some pretty heavy duty antibiotics that I only had to take for three days and they're in my system for ten days. By the next morning I was doing about 90% better.

The real news that I wanted to share with everyone is that little Velma is gone to her new home. It's been about two and a half weeks since she left and she's getting a long just fine. Her owners are very close friends of mine and only live twenty minutes away so we'll get to see her and I might be dog sitting for them at the end of the year.

The first few days she did have some potty issues; which was weird for her. But she was also used to being in a crate at night and didn't have full roam of the house. So the second day she was gone me and my bf took her crate up to their apartment and ever since she's been being a good girl.

She got so excited when she saw me that night and went bonkers the day she came into my job to have her stitches removed. They relocated vets since it's not that far away and I work there. I can keep an eye out on her when she comes in.

Soooo here are a few pictures; im looking forward to getting more sometime soon. These just show how she's adjuted to her new home and buddy. I'm told by her mom she tried so hard to play with Nolan but he doesn't really hop to it. Instead she'll go fid a toy and start plyig by herself; he mom says it's the cutest thing she's ever seen. hehe

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 10:08 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
Awww, they look so cute together! He'll come around to the playing in time. He won't be able to see her having fun and he not. How is Teddie doing? Hope he's over the illness and not missing her too much.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:12 AM

692 posts, read 3,855,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Awww, they look so cute together! He'll come around to the playing in time. He won't be able to see her having fun and he not. How is Teddie doing? Hope he's over the illness and not missing her too much.
Teddie's doing really well. (knocks on wood) He seems to miss having his little buddy around, but he's getting used to it. Things have gone back to normal and he's back on schedule. Still a little stinker though.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:07 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,421,974 times
Thanks for the nice update and the cute photos, she sure is cute and it must be a rewarding feeling knowing she's gone onto a very happy life. Feel better soon, too.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:19 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,586,673 times
Glad to see an update as I was wondering how things have been going. I figured you might be busy as work just has a way of getting in the way of life sometimes! Don't work too hard and do take time to enjoy yourself and the dogs!

Old 06-24-2009, 12:28 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,025,722 times
Well, I can't say that I'm not disappointed... I was looking forward to a Teddie/Velma wedding. And while Velma looks very cute with her new boyfriend, Nolan, it's not the same. Sigh...

But I'm happy for everyone involved. Really, I am.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:31 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Sounds like a wonderful situation. Glad to hear all is well for Velma.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:47 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,422,405 times
Thanks for posting the update and pics! Glad that Velma is settled in her new home but I'm certain Teddie misses her! My girls (Dalai and Abby) have become quite the duo. I can hardly remember life before adopting Abby (almost 3 months already!). They truly love eachother and have so much fun romping around together. So glad to have my girls!

Old 06-24-2009, 04:08 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
What great news for Velma that she found her forever home but also has a terrific forever aunt (you)! Thank you for sharing this with us!

Old 06-24-2009, 09:30 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,660,266 times
Sad to see her gone from you too! But a good home was found so that is great. Good homes are very hard to come by these days. Even for a pedigree.
Was wondering how Britches was doing too? Do you ever hear anything on him or any pics?
Rest up, sounds like you got run down. Rescue will do that to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs