U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 06:48 PM

7,079 posts, read 34,459,029 times

Advertisements

Better than an Ecollar is an infant onesie: get one for a premature baby and cut a hole for the tail. It works beautifully!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 08:31 PM

5,240 posts, read 13,979,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
When the mobile low cost spay/neuter coach comes to town each month the 25 or so cats and dogs all go home the same day, sometimes just a couple of hours after surgery. Problems are extremely rare. Of course Dr. K has done over 15,000 S/N, many of them pediatric, so she's pretty darn good at it.

Even when we take our foster critters up to the clinic we don't leave them overnight because the trip is 65 miles each way. We just stay in Roanoke, either help out at the clinic or do some "big city" stuff.

Please send Dr K to us in middle TN!!! You have no clue how badly we need something like that out here. Even my vet that's been a vet for a million years won't do juvi S/N. It's the only problem I have with him.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:37 PM

514 posts, read 776,511 times
I've had several chis, and all spayed and neutered. We always picked them up that evening and brought them home. It was easier on them, and on us. Good luck! (We also called the vet like nervous parents to make sure the surgery went all right. Every time. The vet knows us well now.)

Old 07-03-2009, 07:57 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,187,394 times
The only reason for your dog to stay over, is if there are other health issues involved other than spaying.
If not the reason for keeping her is about $150 in the vet's pocket.
Your vet will try to fill you with guilt about this. You need to find a new vet.
If your vet refuses to let you take your dog home the same day, tell him you will go to another vet and see what he says.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:35 AM

6,262 posts, read 17,328,045 times
Default tomorrow is the day :(

she gets spayed tomorrow. I was watching her run,in the yard this morning, playing with not a care in the world. Guess she won't be running around like that again for a few days.
Viralmd--with my other female dogs, I never used anything to prevent them from being able to lick the incision. I don't want them to put an Ecollar on her and I'm undecided about even going out to buy a onesie, given that it's not been an issue in the past. If she should begin to bother it though I will.
So, this is a nervous mommie today asking for prayers for her to be ok during surgery. She just seems like such a teeny thing and is my baby..........

thanks

and I know I'm worrying and being dramatic for no reason.............tis my nature. I love my dogs!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
Better than an Ecollar is an infant onesie: get one for a premature baby and cut a hole for the tail. It works beautifully!

Old 07-09-2009, 02:20 PM

91 posts, read 269,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
she gets spayed tomorrow. I was watching her run,in the yard this morning, playing with not a care in the world. Guess she won't be running around like that again for a few days.
Viralmd--with my other female dogs, I never used anything to prevent them from being able to lick the incision. I don't want them to put an Ecollar on her and I'm undecided about even going out to buy a onesie, given that it's not been an issue in the past. If she should begin to bother it though I will.
So, this is a nervous mommie today asking for prayers for her to be ok during surgery. She just seems like such a teeny thing and is my baby..........

thanks

and I know I'm worrying and being dramatic for no reason.............tis my nature. I love my dogs!!
Hope the surgery and recuperation goes well.

My chihuahua was three when she was spayed. She and our other dog (a chihuahua/terrier mix) were done at the same time, he was six months old. When I picked them up at the vet that same day, they were both wide awake. Neither of them ever acted lethargic or like they were in pain.

To be honest, I was kind of disappointed to not be getting a couple of days of quiet from them.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:09 PM

thank you!! Vet just called---operation over. She did just fine. Is still sedated but I can pick her up at 7PM!!!!! I miss her.........the other pooch misses her......I think even the cat misses her(she pretends to hate the puppy )

Quote:
Originally Posted by sray017 View Post
Hope the surgery and recuperation goes well.

My chihuahua was three when she was spayed. She and our other dog (a chihuahua/terrier mix) were done at the same time, he was six months old. When I picked them up at the vet that same day, they were both wide awake. Neither of them ever acted lethargic or like they were in pain.

To be honest, I was kind of disappointed to not be getting a couple of days of quiet from them.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:12 PM

7,079 posts, read 34,459,029 times
Glad that she's fine. Now, the hard work: keeping her quiet for 10 days.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:48 PM

thanks and

LOL........will be so glad when that sweet baby is back home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
Glad that she's fine. Now, the hard work: keeping her quiet for 10 days.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:13 PM

19,813 posts, read 55,771,747 times
Yaaay! glad she's OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs