U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2009, 08:58 AM

562 posts, read 2,144,005 times

Advertisements

Up, yes, thats too many s.

Our family got a Morkie ( Maltese Yorkie) pup several months ago- shes now 4 1/2 mos. old. Shes great in every way except that I have had little success potty training her. She is our second attempt at a puppy, I had even less success with a Sheltie , and that Sheltie peed all over before I gave him to my brother who has a fenced yard and a kitchen that could be gated.

My house is open concept and has a double staircase that cant really be gated. I clean up all the s immediately and had the carprt cleaned after we re-homed the sheltie. It has no smell- at least to humans. I have watched a few other dogs since then, and both had s in our home, even though trained.

We are doing everything we can to train our pup- use of a crate, treats, lots of regular out door potty trips. But she continues to poop and pee all over the house. I can not figure out how to keep her in one area when she is out of the crate. I have 4 children, and she follows people everywhere. She is a wonderful dog, and perfect for our family, very smart and obedient in all respects. We really want to spend time with her in our home!

My question is, is our carpet permanently marked so much that house training will not be possible?? Or is leaving a Yorkie mix puppie all over the house for any length of time a no no? Please help!!! We love our little but Daddy is threatning that we have to train her or else....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 09:12 AM

10,091 posts, read 36,861,752 times
Your rug needs to be cleaned all the way down to the pad. An enzyme cleaner must be used. I've had great success with Stink Free...it is expensive, as any enzyme cleaner...but worth the $ when they work!
Stink Free Inc.

It can be bought at PetCo or PetSmart.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:08 AM

19,822 posts, read 55,980,702 times
Read the posts by Viralmd on how to train a dog. Great advice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or