Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 11:16 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,953,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Thank you for the link.
I sent my comments that most deserve a second chance.
Oh, you're most welcome.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:21 AM

13,399 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
no need, I won't read them.

Thanks for your advice, but I will direct my anger any way I choose to. This man is an example, and what he did was horrible.

The only thing we agree on is that people need to make sure that this so called sport is stopped. But if low lifes like Michael Vick, the millionare sports star does it, then it will only encourage the rest of the back woods low lifes to do it. He is an example, and should be made an example out of.

Lets hope he learned and now speaks out AGAINST it

Old 07-28-2009, 11:24 AM

1,116 posts, read 1,131,769 times
I agree with most of the posters here. The man is worthless and did not pay enough for what he did. Let's hope there is an outcry if some team tries to hire this piece of nasty.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
no need, I won't read them.

Thanks for your advice, but I will direct my anger any way I choose to. This man is an example, and what he did was horrible.

The only thing we agree on is that people need to make sure that this so called sport is stopped. But if low lifes like Michael Vick, the millionare sports star does it, then it will only encourage the rest of the back woods low lifes to do it. He is an example, and should be made an example out of.
Knock yourself out sweetie.....this too will pass while you are still foaming

Old 07-28-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Lets hope he learned and now speaks out AGAINST it
Agreed.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:31 AM

Mainegirl,

You are entitled to how you feel, I just feel differently and trust me I hate dog fighting ( any animal fighting) just as much as the next person.

I tend to err on the side of forgiveness but only ONCE

Old 07-28-2009, 11:42 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnKK View Post
Why is Michael Vick's business anyone else's business. He pled guilty, he served his time and he wants back in the business he knows football....the game of exceptional violence. If he wanted back in the truck driving business what would be the difference. There are players in the NFl who have actually shot "people"...and they are still playing. give it a rest.
No difference. I would hate him as a truck driver too and do anything to make his life painful..

Old 07-28-2009, 11:45 AM

3,748 posts, read 12,400,319 times
Quote:
Mainegirl,

You are entitled to how you feel, I just feel differently and trust me I hate dog fighting ( any animal fighting) just as much as the next person.

I tend to err on the side of forgiveness but only ONCE
If he had tortured and killed just one dog I might be inclinded to at least listen a little more closely to your argument that he deserves another chance. However, He didn't just do this to one dog, he did this to many dogs and he did it FOR MONEY. For these reasons, I do not think he deserves my or anyones sympathy or forgiveness. I also believe that if he though he could get away with it, he would go right back to dog fighting and torture even more dogs. Like I said, its my opinion that the NFL should throw him back into whatever hole he crawled out of. Let that be the example for others with a lot to lose on what will happen to you if you torture and kill animals in the name of sport.

Last edited by Va-Cat; 07-28-2009 at 12:24 PM..

Old 07-28-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
If he had tortured and killed just one dog I might be inclinded to at least listen a little closely to your argument that he deserves another chance. However, He didn't just do this to one dog, he did this to many dogs and he did it FOR MONEY. For these reasons, I do not think he deserves my or anyones sympathy or forgiveness. I also believe that if he though he could get away with it, he would go right back to dog fighting and torture even more dogs. Like I said, its my opinion that the NFL should throw him back into whatever hole he crawled out of. Let that be the example for others with a lot to lose on what will happen to you if you torture and kill animals in the name of sport.
Agreed. He was caught, and made apologies and speeches only because he was caught. I know there are a lot of people are bombarding the NFL with their complaints. If they continue to allow him to play, I think there will be protests directed at whichever team will hire him. People can insult me all they want. The animals he did this to didn't have a choice, and I am passionate against cruelty to animals.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:43 PM

716 posts, read 1,119,356 times
Quote:
Agreed. He was caught, and made apologies and speeches only because he was caught. I know there are a lot of people are bombarding the NFL with their complaints. If they continue to allow him to play, I think there will be protests directed at whichever team will hire him. People can insult me all they want. The animals he did this to didn't have a choice, and I am passionate against cruelty to animals.

This is the main issue now. Team owners still have to decide if he is worth the backlash and bad PR. The NFL really can't keep him suspended since he served his prison sentence. If you want to contact someone, send a letter to the ownership of your local team and tell them you would not support them if they signed him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs