U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-29-2009, 08:30 AM

716 posts, read 620,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
How is he one hell of a football player? He had the worst quaterback rating in the nfl in the last season he played!!! He has no idea how to play a cover 2 defense!! The tampa Buccs dominated him for years with their tampa 2 defense. THen you add the fact that he has missed the last 2 seasons by being in prison. The guy is going to get the crap beat out of him if a team picks him up. He won't even make it our of the preseason!!!

Amen brother. Vick was one of the most overrated QBs in the NFL.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:36 AM
Status: "so confused at my state of confusion" (set 13 days ago)

8,078 posts, read 8,307,112 times
well does this not prove that the wallet can buy anything including justice and your freedom and no real punishment in this world . The children of today need to be taught by the parents that we dont behave like that in a society . It takes a village to raise a child . I like that saying . And as a village I say we boycott the NFL this season and dont buy any tickets to football games and see how fast they uninstate him . I dont think it would work though cause that is in a perfect society and we dont live in one.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:01 AM

5,306 posts, read 3,982,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
well does this not prove that the wallet can buy anything including justice and your freedom and no real punishment in this world . The children of today need to be taught by the parents that we dont behave like that in a society . It takes a village to raise a child . I like that saying . And as a village I say we boycott the NFL this season and dont buy any tickets to football games and see how fast they uninstate him . I dont think it would work though cause that is in a perfect society and we dont live in one.
yea..like thats gonna happen.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:05 AM

219 posts, read 495,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnKK View Post
Why is Michael Vick's business anyone else's business. He pled guilty, he served his time and he wants back in the business he knows football....the game of exceptional violence. If he wanted back in the truck driving business what would be the difference. There are players in the NFl who have actually shot "people"...and they are still playing. give it a rest.
ummm you do realise that you are posting this in a DOG forum... with dog lovers venting about this individual who happens to be a public figure? My pop, an ex-marine is diehard football fan and even he is disgusted with Vick and won't be enthused to see him running around the field on Sundays. WILL be rooting for some serious Blitz TACKLES IF a team signs him!! Maybe that team with the guys getting arrested all the time....

Old 07-29-2009, 10:35 AM

17,655 posts, read 19,061,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
People need to bombard the NFL with letters of complaint and protest, and here is the link to do so :

NFL Contact Us

Someone needs to stand up for those dogs, and against what he did to send a clear example to all the other losers that think they can do this and get away with it.
Quote:
NOTE: This form is solely for e-mail pertaining to the NFL.com web site. We are unable to respond to email relating to the NFL itself.
Perhaps some one needs to research and find out for sure where they can properly direct their complaints.
Rich

Old 07-29-2009, 11:22 AM

4,356 posts, read 8,591,719 times
It is a disgrace to this country and to our children growing up who follow sports to allow this monster to ever play ball again and make millions. Why give this subhuman a second chance? Only a few of those hundreds of dogs were lucky to escape this monster and get a second chance. Think about it......he slammed, burned, drowned, shot, hung, electrocuted and God only knows what else he did to those poor defenseless dogs. The only reason he stopped was that he got CAUGHT? This would still be going on and how many more dogs would have suffered.....hundreds and hundreds! These are horrendous acts of torture, never to be forgotten or forgiven!
How in the world can any compassionate human forgive him for this? Someone who does what he did to those dogs or any animal is, I am sorry.....mentally disturbed!
I pray for those dogs that did not make it out of that compound that they have found peace.
What kind of human would excuse and forgive Michael Vicks behavior? In my eyes they are also possibly capable of doing the same thing!
They need to add a course in the schools about how to treat and respect all animals!

Last edited by Blondie621; 07-29-2009 at 11:56 AM..

Old 07-29-2009, 11:32 AM

68 posts, read 140,903 times
So I am done reading all the comments so far and I have to say IGNORANCE is right after STUPIDITY and right after UNEDUCATED. We are not just talking about a man making two dogs fight. We are not just talking about a man who takes two dogs into a ring and dings the bell and says okay let's go guys and whoever beats the crap out of the other dog is the winner. We are talking about a PSYCHO, SICKO, DEMENTED, EVIL SUB HUMAN !!!! "Dog fighting" is NOT just about two dogs fighting which of course would be bad enough. We are talking about the training - using innocent puppies chained or tied up and other defenseless animals as BAIT so the dog that is TRAINING can TEAR IT APART and the unsuspecting BAIT animal cannot even defend itself. We are talking about FEMALE dogs being put in RAPE STANDS to have the male dogs mate with her. We are talking about half STARVING puppies so they will be AGGRESSIVE and want to KILL whatever poor animal they throw to it that cannot defend itself. We are talking about CHAINING, BEATING, STARVING defenseless dogs to do what the SUB HUMANS want them to do. We are talking about hours of torturous training on tread mills till the dog can hardly breath from exhaustion. We are talking about injecting dogs with steroids and other things to enhance their profile and ability to " fight ". We are talking about standing around and WATCHING two dogs rip each other apart while they SCREAM out in pain. We are talking about SUB HUMANS who have not an ounce of COMPASSION in their mind or body. The dog is nothing more than a $ SIGN. We are talking about SUB HUMANS who SHOOT, ELECTROCUTE, HANG, DROWN, STAB AND PICK UP A LIVING BREATHING CREATURE AND SLAM IT TO THE GROUND HOWEVER MANY TIMES IT TAKES TILL DEATH. Bait animals can include RABBITS, KITTENS, SQUIRRELS, RACCOONS, PUPPIES and any other poor creature that is around that they can use. BUT last year there was a huge BAIT DOG bust in northern Florida. These BAIT DOGS were chained on 3 feet of chain with NO SHELTER in rows. There were over 50 of them. They were repeatedly BEATEN AND HALF STARVED to make them completely SUBMISSIVE. So now, you can compare someone like this with an IDIOT who happens to drive drunk and hurt someone ??? There is no COMPARISON. MV did NOT make a mistake. This is not something that is " curable ". This is not a life style that is corrected in 2 years in jail. This is a SICKNESS OF THE MIND, BODY AND SOUL TO BE THAT COLD AND EVIL. And remember, the poor dogs that did NOT fight well enough were MURDERED for not performing. And the whole bottom line for ALL of this suffering of these poor animals is - M O N E Y These people have been
desensitized against the SUFFERING of anything that is living. They even allow small children at these " events ". Now how disgusting is that. And for anyone to think that this is in any way shape or form NORMAL is also very sick. You cannot compare this type of evil to other crimes. This is beyond evil. How do you teach someone compassion ?????????? And for LynnKK and NJKate - you two are unbeleivable. Typical stupid attitudes. This MV is a man with a BLACK HEART. Don't be fooled by his idiotic smile or his phoney pretense that he is " sorry ". The only thing he is sorry for is that he got caught. You can tell a lot by looking into a mans eyes. And I see no remorse there. Just that shady stupid smile of his because he thinks he has gotten away with his actions. Is he in for a surprise. Any team that would allow him to play with them sends a loud and clear message. Wake up people, this is a very sick demented person and ALL that do NOT see this dog fighting for what it really represents are just as sick !!!!!

Old 07-29-2009, 11:41 AM

22,305 posts, read 17,469,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titan 777 View Post
so i am done reading all the comments so far and i have to say ignorance is right after stupidity and right after uneducated. We are not just talking about a man making two dogs fight. We are not just talking about a man who takes two dogs into a ring and dings the bell and says okay let's go guys and whoever beats the crap out of the other dog is the winner. We are talking about a psycho, sicko, demented, evil sub human !!!! "dog fighting" is not just about two dogs fighting which of course would be bad enough. We are talking about the training - using innocent puppies chained or tied up and other defenseless animals as bait so the dog that is training can tear it apart and the unsuspecting bait animal cannot even defend itself. We are talking about female dogs being put in rape stands to have the male dogs mate with her. We are talking about half starving puppies so they will be aggressive and want to kill whatever poor animal they throw to it that cannot defend itself. We are talking about chaining, beating, starving defenseless dogs to do what the sub humans want them to do. We are talking about hours of torturous training on tread mills till the dog can hardly breath from exhaustion. We are talking about injecting dogs with steroids and other things to enhance their profile and ability to " fight ". We are talking about standing around and watching two dogs rip each other apart while they scream out in pain. We are talking about sub humans who have not an ounce of compassion in their mind or body. The dog is nothing more than a $ sign. We are talking about sub humans who shoot, electrocute, hang, drown, stab and pick up a living breathing creature and slam it to the ground however many times it takes till death. Bait animals can include rabbits, kittens, squirrels, raccoons, puppies and any other poor creature that is around that they can use. But last year there was a huge bait dog bust in northern florida. These bait dogs were chained on 3 feet of chain with no shelter in rows. There were over 50 of them. They were repeatedly beaten and half starved to make them completely submissive. So now, you can compare someone like this with an idiot who happens to drive drunk and hurt someone ??? There is no comparison. Mv did not make a mistake. This is not something that is " curable ". This is not a life style that is corrected in 2 years in jail. This is a sickness of the mind, body and soul to be that cold and evil. And remember, the poor dogs that did not fight well enough were murdered for not performing. And the whole bottom line for all of this suffering of these poor animals is - m o n e y these people have been
desensitized against the suffering of anything that is living. They even allow small children at these " events ". Now how disgusting is that. And for anyone to think that this is in any way shape or form normal is also very sick. You cannot compare this type of evil to other crimes. This is beyond evil. How do you teach someone compassion ?????????? And for lynnkk and njkate - you two are unbeleivable. Typical stupid attitudes. This mv is a man with a black heart. Don't be fooled by his idiotic smile or his phoney pretense that he is " sorry ". The only thing he is sorry for is that he got caught. You can tell a lot by looking into a mans eyes. And i see no remorse there. Just that shady stupid smile of his because he thinks he has gotten away with his actions. Is he in for a surprise. Any team that would allow him to play with them sends a loud and clear message. Wake up people, this is a very sick demented person and all that do not see this dog fighting for what it really represents are just as sick !!!!!
excellent post!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-29-2009, 11:42 AM

4,356 posts, read 8,591,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishellina View Post
According to what I caught on espn... he has agreed to go out and speak to kids in the neighborhoods where that would take place. He even said he was exposed to it as young as 8! So, sadly it has been around for a long time BUT now thanks to this it is in the spotlight and between this and the puppy mills we hope the laws will change! Only time will tell.
His words will be empty in my eyes. He is just doing it because his lawyers advised him to so he can get his second chance to play ball again. BS! Let him be told he will never be allowed to play ball again and see if he still speaks out? Heck no! He cannot pull the wool over my eyes. Once a killer always a killer!
It is all a greedy game and those poor dogs suffered horrendous pain and deaths!

Old 07-29-2009, 11:43 AM

22,305 posts, read 17,469,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
It is a disgrace to this country and to our children growing up who follow sports to allow this monster to ever play ball again and make millions. Why give this subhuman a second chance? Only a few of those hundreds of dogs were lucky to escape this monster and get a second chance. Think about it......he slammed, burned, drowned, shot, hung, electrocuted and God only knows what else he did to those poor defenseless dogs. The only reason he stopped was that he got CAUGHT? This would still be going on and how many more dogs would have suffered.....hundreds and hundreds! These are horrendous acts of torture, never to be forgotten or forgiven!
How in the world can any compassionate human forgive him for this? Someone who does what he did to those dogs or any animal is, I am sorry.....mentally disturbed!
I pray for those dogs that did not make it out of that compound that they have found peace.
What kind of human would excuse and forgive Michael Vicks behavior? In my eyes they are also possible capable of doing the same thing!
They need to add a course in the schools about how to treat and respect all animals!
Yes, he just got caught. Then he lied about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.