U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 02:12 PM

2,949 posts, read 12,178,123 times

Advertisements

This is a behavior they should have caught at the shelter (I volunteer in one). How very sad for you and your husband that it has come to this. You should return the animal to the shelter were you got him and explain the situation. Clearly you have done everything possible and more, but once an animal attacks a human that seals the deal.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:16 PM

1,121 posts, read 3,196,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
The single lady has a farm and her livestocks were kept being stolen. She suspects someone who is a male and wants a dog who will guard and alert. The condition of her adoption is to take the dog to a training class and reactive dog class. She had a rotti before and the rotti passed away recently. The new rotti fits in her home perfectly. She also has a big space that she can hold the rotti somewhere else when there are visitors. But she is following the condition and she is the one who drive one hour each way to attend the dog training class that teaches redirect, calm, and relaxation techniques.

Yes, there are many problem dogs in this society. There are also many problem human beings too. As I get involved in this “dog lover” society, I notice many interesting human traits. Some, who just wants to make money at all cost of the animals. Some, who just wants to be praised and acted as Mighty GOD. Some, who “loves” animal so much that, has reached a point that he or she can no longer care for the number of animals he or she can care. Some… This is totally off the topic now.

Among all my posts, I have never said that Sun is a bad person. She, in my view, is a normal caring person. She didn’t get Hobbs to make money or to be added to one of her many animal collections. She wanted to do the right thing so she adopt. Unfortunately, she adopted an extremely fearful dog who bites. I feel sorry for her. I just feel that a less stimulating environment may be more suitable for that dog. I will not judge her or view her differently whether she saves or euthanizes this dog or not. And I am not on this forum to be popular. I am on the forum to state my opinion. And I start to realize I am stating my opinion to ..

And to yukiko11, if Hobbs is a serial human killer, I will take him and analyze what give him the strength to kill “so many” human. Did Hobbs kill any human? If he did bite with an intent to kill, he should be put down. Did he?

Such as the relationship between Japanese and Chinese? Just kidding!
So, your message tells me that you are willing to take on this dog. OP please send this person a PM, it may be the only way you can save your Hobbs. Thank you for being there to offer a good resolution to this problem. I certainly admire you.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or