U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-30-2009, 11:57 PM

7,750 posts, read 9,095,179 times

Advertisements

all 3 girls are at their destinations .... will post pix tomorrow......
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 08:21 AM

sweet little america ...... can't you just smell the puppy breath??

asleep on my lap with her head hanging over the emergency brake lever:

beautiful cheyenne:

no pix of sweet boxer girl kat........

Old 08-31-2009, 06:56 PM

2,630 posts, read 2,228,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
i have a feeling that this could become addictive for me........

It can be. It can also make you feel bad when you are not able to help on a particular request which is why I am always trying to recruit new drivers to the cause. You might consider posting to CraigsList about doing this. I've found a few new people that way.

I'll be overnighting 6 very young Rottie mix pups coming out of a high kill shelter in GA this Sat and getting them on up to Roanoke on Sunday morning. I already know there will be lots to clean up with this batch since they don't have any travel experience. I asked the coordinator to push the start time back so that I can get a little food in their tummies and give them some time to digest/absorb some of it before we hit the road. I know that with older dogs I could give them some dramamine but they are so small, just 2 pounds or so that it might not be possible to give them anything. I'll call one of my vet see what they have to say.

Oh well, that's what paper towels and rubber gloves are for.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:37 PM

1,332 posts, read 3,380,233 times
late, Thanks for pix! What sweet babies.

Zugor, is there a particular site I should look at for North East Coast Florida?

Are long-haul truckers involved in this?

Old 08-31-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg II View Post

Zugor, is there a particular site I should look at for North East Coast Florida?

Are long-haul truckers involved in this?
ssgII if I-95 and/or I-10 are your nearest interstates to you then look here:

I-95_Rescue_and_Transport : I-95 Rescue and Transport

I-10_I-20_Rescue_and_Transport : I-10/I-20 Rescue and Transport

You do not have to be a member of the group to read the requests. If you want to get email requests for drivers then you would have to join and set your email preference. I recommend that you not get each individual request, just the daily digest, if you want.

Here's one specifically for truckers (but they could also check any transport group for the area they are traveling):

OperationRoger : Operation Roger

and another for pilots:

pilots4paws : Pilots for Paws

Old 08-31-2009, 10:00 PM

1,332 posts, read 3,380,233 times
Thank you and I'll inform my trucker friends!

Old 08-31-2009, 10:54 PM

i see transports coming out of florida a LOT....... not as familiar with my geography as i probably should be, but i'm guessing that there will be some in your neck of the woods sooner than later......

and zugor..... rottie mixes at 2 lbs???? holy moley..... they are tiny little babies..... good luck with them......

one part of my mind is telling me to stay home this weekend, the other part is already looking for the next transport........

i've seen one for 7 dogs and pups from st. louis to chicago and am thinking.... i have a friend i could spend the night with there..... i could take a few of them ALL THE WAY.......

Old 08-31-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post

and zugor..... rottie mixes at 2 lbs???? holy moley..... they are tiny little babies..... good luck with them......

This is them: Adopt a Rottweiler: 62909-63409 RP: Petfinder

one part of my mind is telling me to stay home this weekend, the other part is already looking for the next transport........

i've seen one for 7 dogs and pups from st. louis to chicago and am thinking.... i have a friend i could spend the night with there..... i could take a few of them ALL THE WAY.......
I understand your enthusiasm but it is important to pace yourself and not do so much that you burn out in no time at all. Maybe put some of your energy in to recruiting just 2 new people, who then also go out and find 2 more new people. Friends and coworkers whose weekends are chock full of kids stuff can still help spread the word to their animal loving friends.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:40 AM

oh i know ...... i'm stayin' home this weekend..... this transport made the 3rd weekend in a row i was on the road..... the 2 prior were for something completely different though.......

Old 09-07-2009, 05:37 AM

I helped with a transport of 6 very young Rottie pups this weekend. They stayed overnight at my place and in the morning I drove them up to the next driver in Roanoke.

Fun to have puppies around for a short while but glad to send them on thier way in the A.M.
Attached Thumbnails
Fifteen Legs-floyd-jubilee-2009-puppies-zugor-081.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs