Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 08:56 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,586,673 times

Advertisements

Dazzle and I took a trip north at the end of Oct. We started out in Fremont CA (across the bay from San Francisco) where I have some friends that have a big halloween party evey year. Then we went up to McMinnville Oregon to visit my sister then it was off to Livermore CA (also the bay area) for the Boofest which is a silken windhound show and racing. It was a great trip only bad part was I got home worked 3 shifts and came down with the flu so was pretty sick and still can't shake the cough! Jazz stayed with my 85 yr old dad and Phoenix, wasn't happy but I had told her that she needed to babysit them

Knowing how everyone loves photos I thought I would share some from the trip. enjoy!

My friends Golden Tropic (guide dog for the blind reject) and her sister's Chi mix, Patches

" You want a piece of me?" Patches showing Dazzle that little dogs are tough as she pushes over a grave stone.

Dazzle plays with his cousins Angel and Emma

Three peas in a pod, Dazzle Angel, Emma

Dazzle learns his cousins and my sister's grandson are all pirates.

A rest stop North of Mt Shasta CA

Dazzle and his sister, she is quite a bit smaller .

Dazzle sees his sister Delse who was not happy to see him. One of his brothers Hoodie was there too and he also was not happy to see Dazzle. Dazzle is alot more confident then they were as they were pretty shy. I was told he had been the runt of the litter but he is now one of the bigger pups. His momma was there too and she growled and snapped at both Hoodie and Dazzle. She wanted them to understand she was not taking them back ( sister lives with her) Dazzle came from a litter of 9 so who can blame momma for acting that way? LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 09:16 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,287,655 times
It looks like Dazzle had a blast! Next time, though, head south instead of north!

Old 11-30-2009, 05:05 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
what great pictures of great times!!

particularly love the 3 peas in a pod and the pirates pictures.......

dazzle sure is a handsome fella.......

Old 11-30-2009, 05:23 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,025,722 times
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-30-2009, 06:31 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,470,730 times
These pics are wonderful. Just love little Miss Attitude in the scary graveyard - it's a classic!

Old 11-30-2009, 06:47 AM

737 posts, read 2,587,460 times
sorry, can't rep u again until I "spread it around", the photos are too cute! thanks for sharing.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:06 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,586,673 times
Thanks for al the comments. We had so much fun on the trip and Dazzle enjoyed playing with the girls at my friends and at my sisters. He usually tends to play more with the boys at the dog park. He and Emma would gang up on little 3 legged Angel and she spent most of the time on her back with them grabbing her but she did not seem to mind. Having now met Angel for the first time I can say she is a fantastic dog, very very sweet and very smart, only bad thing is she is my sister's and not mine!

MAK your comment to head south next time maybe we will take a trip down your way next year. I am sorry we were unable to met you and PC on the beach when you were in Santa Barbara but I was still dealing with the flu and just did not feel well enough nor did I want to pass the bug along.Dazzle would have loved playing with PC on the beach.

One thing I forgot to mention is Dazzle does not like riding in the car . He no longer gets sick but still does not enjoy getting in a car so look at all the miles the poor guy endured. But I think he found it worth it as each stop held something fun for him. He made himself right at home every place we went.At Boofest he did get to try lure coursing and on his 3rd attempt he actually finished the course and had stayed right with the lure so everyone was impressed and told me he would probably make a good lure coursing dog. He was exhuasted after that run and dropped at my feet

.When he saw his breeder and her 2 daughters it took him a few minutes to recognise who they were then he was more then happy to hang out with them. Made me feel good in a way as he had spent his first 8 months with them and this shows that now he sees me as his mom and not her.I think seeing him and how happy and confident he is now made her happy as now she knows for sure that he is in the right home. They had become very attached to him so letting him go to someone she had never met and that lived far away was hard for her.What made her decide to let me have him was when I told her about Dash and our battle with his cancer as she claims that then she knew here is a person that will love this dog as much as I do. We had a great time hanging out with her and exchanging stories.

Here are a few more photos

Three wet dogs in a car.Angel, Dazzle, and Emma heading home after a romp at a park

Two cousins at play. Patches verses Tropic

Old 11-30-2009, 10:55 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,269,285 times
LOVE IT !!!
Wet dogs cracked me up...

Old 11-30-2009, 11:02 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
EXHAUSTED wet dogs, from the looks on their faces........

Old 11-30-2009, 11:29 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,603,239 times
This is such a great thread, I love the pics! I'm sure having tons of fun wherever you went helped Dazzle feel better about being in the car!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs