Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2009, 03:24 AM

426 posts, read 1,570,564 times

Advertisements

Sienna plays peek-a-boo. I swear that's what she's doing, and I didn't teach her - she made it up on her own. I'll be standing, and she's to one side or the other and slightly behind me, just barely out of my sight. I get worried if I don't see her, so I turn to look for her. When I turn left, she darts right. I turn right, she darts left. Always trying to stay centered behind me. She'll do this just enough times for me to get the idea, and wonder "gosh, where's Pup??" Then she'll run around in front of me (here I am, mom!), wagging her tail and laughing. She laughs, I swear.

And some people think animals aren't capable of complex thought...

Does anyone else's dog do this?? Or make up any other games? I know there's the ever-popular "throw the ball, I'll almost fetch it, then you chase me" Sienna's version of this is "run in circles around mom like the devil is chasing me"

I had a German Shepherd once that played tag. I taught him that, though. What other puppy games are out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 06:15 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,344,730 times
Our Darcy, who is a recent rescue from the pound, likes to grab a toy and then put it in Simon's mouth. Unfortunately, Simon doesn't want to play. Our friend's dog Ruby, who is also a pound rescue, will play with Darcy. One puts the toy in her mouth and runs, the other one runs after her and grabs the toy out of her mouth. They can do this for hours. I think it must have something to do with the pound having lots of dogs and few toys.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:21 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,348,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitz View Post
Sienna plays peek-a-boo. I swear that's what she's doing, and I didn't teach her - she made it up on her own. I'll be standing, and she's to one side or the other and slightly behind me, just barely out of my sight. I get worried if I don't see her, so I turn to look for her. When I turn left, she darts right. I turn right, she darts left. Always trying to stay centered behind me. She'll do this just enough times for me to get the idea, and wonder "gosh, where's Pup??" Then she'll run around in front of me (here I am, mom!), wagging her tail and laughing. She laughs, I swear.

And some people think animals aren't capable of complex thought...

Does anyone else's dog do this?? Or make up any other games? I know there's the ever-popular "throw the ball, I'll almost fetch it, then you chase me" Sienna's version of this is "run in circles around mom like the devil is chasing me"

I had a German Shepherd once that played tag. I taught him that, though. What other puppy games are out there?
My Pug LOVES games like that.

He also will put his toy into any open hand that is left unattended. Like if someone is standing in the middle of the room with their hands at their sides, Doakes will walk up and get on his hind legs to force his toy into the open hand.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:52 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,660,266 times
My little male Chi loves to be chased by a friends little daughter when she comes over. He likes to run and hide under the table from her, then he will come out and beg to be chased again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs