U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-27-2009, 02:38 PM

1,055 posts, read 2,247,568 times

Advertisements

So Harper and Tiggs have worked things out and have actually been known to sprawl out on the hardwood floor in the same room. Not snuggling up to each other or anything but beats the heck out of Harper chasing the cat any time he sees him, lol. Harper will walk up to the cat and sniff then do the nose push/nuzzle to get a nice deep sniff (usually of butt or the like) which funny enough typically sends the cat scooting across the floor. The cat has even been known to sneak up behind Harper (still leary) and sniff him, lol.

The on thing that scares me much more than it does them (apparently) is if Harper is feeling playful he will mouth... like he was playing with a puppy or a soft toy.

The cat typically doesn't mind much though if it goes on too long he will hiss and Harper will get a swat but it scares the willies out of me, lol. Harper's head is as big as my cat and when he mouths he pretty much takes the cat's whole middle into his mouth. Funny in theory but scary in reality. I mean I know the cat doesn't mind and Harper backs off when the cat gets annoyed but it looks frightening.

Probably my cats vs dogs prejudice but I fully expect him to give Tiggs a good shake or bite down on of these times, heh.

Keeping in mind they are only together when supervised and when I see Harper's energy level is too high or his body language is too excited or the cat just isn't in the mood I will sit and down him if he tries to approach so they aren't interacting when one of them is in the wrong mood. I only hope they work out the final kinks so I can trust them together totally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs