Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 09:53 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,669,194 times

Advertisements

I agree with poop and pee on the private property, not on the easement though!

Because of all the foreclosures and people who don't pay their HOA fees I decided to look the people in the surrounding streets up on the public records and although I pick up after my dog, I can't pick up "pee", but I can direct my dogs to the yards of non payers to let them pee and they are so used to it that they automatically go there...so no property owner who is paying his dues or who is maintaining their yards have to fear pee from my dogs and I have been complemented for doing so.

Btw. around here more and more people having been putting cameras up on their homes...not because of security reasons, but because they are fed up with dog poop...it is sad it had to come to this...specially dog owners with the long automatic leashes are the ones causing the trouble...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 10:37 AM

9,352 posts, read 19,998,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
The nearest fire hydrant. I'm sure the dog knows where it is.
fine for boy dogs.... what about the girls??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
To be a dog owner and allow your dog to poo on another person's property without picking it up is inconsiderate.

To be a homeowner and think that a dog walker/owner can control or puppeteer where their dog urinates is moronic.
ding ding ding ..... absolutely correct on both points

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonite View Post
You're clearly not getting it, if you are suggesting that I should have to go through the efforts of making my lawn less appealing to your dog. You would think that alerting people to the rudeness of the act would be enough...clearly, I'm mistaken. What was I thinking?!
I just hope that your new house doesn't appeal to the canine inhabitants of your neighborhood. God forbid they also have owners that can't control them.
oh man ...... i can not imagine what life must be like that i have the time and energy to get so worked up over something so inconsequential........

a little dog pee never hurt anything..... and is a price paid for living in a neighborhood with other humans that have dogs themselves......

good for you that you such control over your dog.... commendable, i guess.... i have control over my dogs too, but the urge a dog has to mark or scent is instinctual.... its how they communicate with each other.... and personally, i pick my battles on what to control and what not to worry about.......my yard may not be perfect and it will certainly never win any awards, but i have happy dogs and the neighborhood dogs know they are welcome here anytime.....

oh .... i DO pick up the poop when we walk.......

Old 09-14-2009, 10:38 AM

13,386 posts, read 28,678,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeruscurves View Post
I totally agree with picking up your dog's feces. Now I don't know if you have a dog or not, but it's not like you can tell them not to pee. When they gotta go, they gotta go. I don't understand people not picking up their dog's crap. It happens where I live all the time. I guess they find it unsanitary to pick up their own dog's crap. The general public is not considerate and find it digusting apparently to pick up their own dog's crap. I'm sure some are lazy, but I don't know this is my opinion. I haven't actually interviewed those people nor do I think any are on this board since we have had this discussion before.
You walk them away from the lawns....if you have sidewalks keep the dog on the side closer to the street.
I can totally understand people's frustration as dog pee ruins the grass...I will not allow mine to pee on anyone's grass when we take walks....it's really not that hard.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:40 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,257,985 times
How is letting your dog poop on someone else's private property any different from trespassing or littering? There should be fines and they should be enforced.

I don't even let my dog walk on people's lawns on the way to the park.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:48 AM

13,386 posts, read 28,678,627 times
[quote=dangeruscurves;10745000]I can control my dog. My darling told me that you can do a google search and there are ways to make dogs not pee on your lawn. You can invest in a motion sensor sprinkler that when a dog or human walks on it they are blasted with water. If it's that bad of a problem, then maybe you should find some alternatives to fix the problem. Obviously a sign doesn't work. You can even change the type of fertilizer you use and it would prevent the "burn marks" you get. Rather than protest everyone change their ways, do something to protect YOUR yard.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow there is the key right there it is his/her yard, your pooch is the intruder. Why should they have to change fertilizer so the neighborhood dogs can pee all lawn and not leave burn marks.
It truly astounds me how inconsiderate people can be..CONTROL your pets...it's not hard to do

Old 09-14-2009, 11:09 AM

13,396 posts, read 44,973,481 times
Quote:
. I'm not sure why it's so common for people around here to think they can do as they please even when they are imposing on others. Lack of respect is what it is.
I am complaining/voicing myself, because people obviously need to be instilled w/manners/consideration for one another.
We have a spot on our own property where peeing/pooping is encouraged.
Peeing happens, but we try to go to fire hydrants etc.
We bag any "deposits."
But people specifically come here to our neighborhood to walk their dogs, and then don't clean up.
I realize that in the grand scheme of life it is not that big a deal, we are not living in Sudan or Afghanistan.
However, it is those little things that can build up and then diminish a community. I agree, it is lack of respect.
I've become more confrontational about it. I have approached two different people who obviously had no intention of cleaning up after their dog.
I politely but firmly handed them a bag, and waited while they scooped.
It's interesting to see their reactions. One guy was walking 3 dogs and had no poop bags whatsoever. He just sort of grinned and brazened it out.
He now goes on the other side of our community.
Not sure how much progress I made with him.
He simply can't be bothered.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:58 AM

13 posts, read 45,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeruscurves View Post
I'm just trying to help solve your problem. Being disrespectful is not against the law, so alerting people of the rudeness is not going to solve the problem. I do not know how you thought complaining as a new person to a forum would get you anywhere. My dog doesn't pee anywhere it's not suppose to, I'm just trying to explain to you that you are not going to stop every dog owner from letting their dog pee on your yard. It doesn't make what they are doing right, but it's your problem not theirs. You are going to have to do something about the problem. wait for it.....utter shock
So at this point...DO SOMETHING!!!

I think I'm going to have a pee spot on my front yard, put some flowers around it and have a sign that says "Your dog can pee here!" I think my neighbors would like me.

Great plan, champ! Hope I'm one of your neighbors...although, I forgot, I do have respect for other's private property, therefore, I still wouldn't impose. Shocking, isn't it?
Again, your mentality is the problem w/this society...you do as you wish despite how your actions affect others. And just like you, I have every right to voice my distaste. As you can see by the additional responses, not everyone lives like you do.

To the person who handed a bag to a dog owner...good call!

Old 09-14-2009, 03:01 PM

413 posts, read 1,403,040 times
Quote:
Great plan, champ! Hope I'm one of your neighbors...although, I forgot, I do have respect for other's private property, therefore, I still wouldn't impose. Shocking, isn't it?
Again, your mentality is the problem w/this society...you do as you wish despite how your actions affect others. And just like you, I have every right to voice my distaste. As you can see by the additional responses, not everyone lives like you do.

To the person who handed a bag to a dog owner...good call!
I never said your not entitled to your own opinion. I'm just trying to prevent you from having a heart attack over some dog pee.

Oh and I'm pretty sure I'm not what's wrong with our society, so stop being so insulting.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:15 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,674,792 times
We always pick up the poop when we're walking, but the pee? It doesn't hurt anything and it's just doggie communication.

I think if anyone is going to be fretting about it that much, they should move out to the country. If you choose to live around other people (and their pets), you're going to deal with what you perceive to be their shortcomings as well as with the qualities that make them good neighbors. That's just life in a community.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:59 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,678,109 times
I went to a national pet store today that happens to have an island of grass in the parking lot for peeing and pooping...no "pee burn marks" to be seen. No odor either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs