Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 06:28 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,025,722 times

Advertisements

I don't know, Ronni, but I'm adding you as a FB friend right now!!!! ... and then I'm going to walk Artie the pooch before bedtime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 06:30 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,426,878 times
1885 is actually my husband's ID number from the sheriff's office we worked at together. Well, it was. Actually I guess it is still because they retire the numbers when the deputies retire. So when we got married I became Mrs1885. LOL. I guess that makes him Mr1869!!!

Old 09-16-2009, 06:32 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
My name is Evey.

Here is a pic of me & my horse

Here is rotten Miss Shadow

This is Mickey

And Buzz too!

Old 09-16-2009, 06:35 PM

18,118 posts, read 11,753,710 times
No outside links to private journals, personal webpages, FB, MySpace, blogs, etc allowed on City-Data.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:06 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,586,673 times
My name is Jan and add about 50 yrs to my profile photo! So OK I AM middle aged. I will try to find a more recent photo once I get back home and have time. My dogs are Jazz, Dash, Dazzle and I co own Phoenix with my dad.

A few years ago I joined a lung cancer message board when we learned my mom had lung cancer. Many of those folks came to be friends but you were not allowed to exchange last names ,E-mail addresses or phone #. There were a couple women who's hubbies had lung cancer and the three of us really felt like we were friends so we started dropping hints and each of us was praying that the other two would pick up on them. One woman lives in Irvine Ca which is not that far from my parents. I am in Santa Barbara and the third is in Indiana.She mentioned the bank she worked for I took a chance and mailed a letter to the main office and it found its way to her so she emailed me the day she got it and turns out the woman from Irvine had already found her so she then put the two of us in contact. I met the woman from Irvine and one of her sons for dinner one night. It was like having dinner with some one I have known my whole life. All three of us have stayed in contact off the message board and have hopes of all three of us meeting for dinner some day. We have all lost our loved ones with lung cancer and I think the fact we had each other helped a ton. There is a bond there .

I think many on this board have the common bond of love of dogs and if we lived near each other we would be friends even with age differences. For those of you that have not reached middle age enjoy what remains of your youth as it does go fast. There are days I feel like I just moved to Santa Barbara yet that was 29n yrs ago! Times goes much too fast!

Old 09-16-2009, 07:24 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,287,655 times
Hi Jan! We are planning on taking PC to Santa Barbara sometime in November! Maybe we'll run into you and your crew!

Old 09-17-2009, 04:26 AM

Hi Evey!! (Racelady88) -- Great photos!

Jan (Dashdog) -- What an incredible story you have. So touching. And, I agree, that age has no bearing when you have a great love (be it of dogs or whatever) in common. That said, although I may look about 12 years old in my picture, I'm knocking on the door of middle-age. Actually, I've stepped into the room. I look like a kid in that picture, but I'm 44 years old. When I really was a kid, everyone said that one day I'd be thankful not to look anywhere near my age -- they're finally right!

Old 09-17-2009, 05:24 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
I am Elana ...... and chronologically, I have busted right through that middle-aged door and am saving seats for the rest of you in that room...... MENTALLY though, TOTALLY different story......

I DESPISE pictures of myself and this is the only one I have that is remotely presentable, imo:

i have bailey:

dave:

and max (top) and charlie (bottom)

Old 09-17-2009, 05:32 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,364,009 times
So, I have a request... humor me if you don't mind...

1. Can you tell me your real name? First name only, of course. Mine is Dawn.

2. Can you post a photo of yourself on your profile? I put one of myself on my profile.

The whole point of the 'net is anonymity, under no circumstances would I EVER post my real name for security purposes it would be too easy for someone to grab it and use my location from here to find me and steal my identity. Your intentions might be good but remember anyone can join this forum and that's why I never give out my real name email addy etc. Beware.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:48 AM

Hi Elana!!!!!! I think it's a great photo!

ReturningWest -- I completely understand what you're talking about. In fact, I didn't think that there would be many that would respond with names/photos, just for that reason, and I can respect that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs