Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 05:46 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times

Advertisements

Pit Bull Row
This makes me so sad.
I met so many pitties in Denver before the ban, and they were all sweet.
And some of the most wretched dogs I've ever met were the "popular" breeds (won't name any names.)
Where I live now may not be as culturally sophisticated as Denver, but I am glad that we do not have any outlawed breeds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 08:37 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,029,210 times
poor puppers...... .... their terrified and confused faces are heartbreaking........

was there any mention if there was a recordable decrease in dog bites or other issues since this ridiculous ban was instituted TWENTY years ago.....

3500 dogs killed because of man's stupidity and ignorance.....

Old 09-25-2009, 01:57 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,471,504 times
Anyone read Steve Allen's book, "Dumpth"? This selective euthanasia stuff reminds me of how dead-on Allen was about most things.

"Doug Kelly became director of Denver's animal control in 2000. He can offer no definitive proof that the pit bull ban works." There's a shocker.

And the powers that be (i.e., the DA) will never be able to prove it because the alleged benefits of a ban are untrue.

In fact, the ban's been proven to be a non-issue. Absolutely no change in death-by-dog stats or in itty-bitty bite stats have occurred. I believe the highest # of "attacks" have been induced by ...golden retrievers. That's before the ban and still continues today.

Breed bans have been debunked in Europe and when anti-pittie bans have been lifted there was absolutely no change in stats.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:13 PM

124 posts, read 249,803 times
Default signs of the times PANIC

so dogos , ca de bou , filas , boerboel , thai ridgebacks, cane corso , presa canario , dobermins , belgin shepards , mastiff mixes , ? are these dogs next they are big and strong dogs much tougher than a pit... if so I say we form a ban on barking dogs because they hurt my ears .....kill em

Old 09-25-2009, 04:14 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,674,085 times
yeah, belgium and italy lifted longstanding bans in the past few years because they made no difference.

there's a giant pit breed ban thread in the politics board, i dip into it when i feel like getting irritated. there are so many misconceptions out there, it's ridiculous.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:17 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,674,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solow View Post
so dogos , ca de bou , filas , boerboel , thai ridgebacks, cane corso , presa canario , dobermins , belgin shepards , mastiff mixes , ? are these dogs next they are big and strong dogs much tougher than a pit... if so I say we form a ban on barking dogs because they hurt my ears .....kill em
well the definition of "pit bull" is so loose in most bans (or in the way they're interpreted by police) that it includes some of those breeds, and a ton of mixes. that alone highlights the absurdity of these bans. how can you say that viciousness is bred into 25+ breeds that look pittish, plus any mix that looks like a "pit"?

Old 09-25-2009, 04:53 PM

124 posts, read 249,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
yeah, belgium and italy lifted longstanding bans in the past few years because they made no difference.

there's a giant pit breed ban thread in the politics board, i dip into it when i feel like getting irritated. there are so many misconceptions out there, it's ridiculous.
thank you sir put the stupid irrisponsible owners in jail , make em have proof of insurance to get into dog bark , fine them , what ever .. killing dogs will just turn the same type of owner to a different dog . most like ly a larger more powerfull dog that will be tougher to stop in a neg. situation.. ala the presa incident outside of san francisco girl killed by dog

Old 09-25-2009, 07:59 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,182,741 times
This is really sad. I live in Denver and do not support the pit bull ban.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:28 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,455,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
poor puppers...... .... their terrified and confused faces are heartbreaking........

was there any mention if there was a recordable decrease in dog bites or other issues since this ridiculous ban was instituted TWENTY years ago.....
Denver: Selective Counting and the Cost to Dogs and People | Animal Law Coalition

Miami-Dade County: Two decades of BSL has produced no positive results | Animal Law Coalition

Quote:
3500 dogs killed because of man's stupidity and ignorance.....
that is just the tip of the iceberg considering the abuses that humanity inflicts upon animals. worse, this is just the tip of the tip when we take into consideration that this same mentality is responsible in many ways for the suffering that man inflicts upon children and other innocents.

but hey, some politician somewhere is sitting back feeling good about himself because he did something. whether or not it was a good thing does not enter into his brain–only that firing a shot in the dark seems better to him than the doing nothing that he was up to earlier.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:27 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,190 times
This is why I like animals more than most people! Too many irresponsible idiots with pets!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs