U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-26-2009, 05:20 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,231,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post

This information and this story have absolutely nothing to do with the HSUS. Anyone can call themselves a Humane Society, but the HSUS are not involved in this rescue at all. Not sure if that's the correlation you were making
Here is the July 9th entry on Wayne Pacelle's blog about the situation:

"I have two reports below from our people who helped lead the action in the field."

Eight-State Dogfighting Raid Largest in U.S. History - Wayne Pacelle: A Humane Nation
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 06:18 PM

4,629 posts, read 6,267,459 times
Try reading the initial link that was supplied. It gives a far better perspective and a very recent one.

Clearly, you have not read the initial link or any of those following. Your sole point of information appears to be the blog of a man whom you abhor. Why would you believe anything he has to say?

Rather than making this another personal vendetta against other posters, please consider the lives of the dogs. If you and a few others could just get past that, the dogs would have a far better chance. After all, it's all about the dogs, isn't it.

Additionally, these volunteers were sent there to rehab the dogs. But you would've known that if you'd read the link. Would it've helped if I bolded everything?

I am not interested in getting flamed again, nor in arguing with you. That appears to be your sole contribution.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillypups View Post
Every time I drive by this place you have no idea the horrible feelings that come over me. Makes me sick. I have all I can do not to scream out the window...stop & some how just blow this place up so it doesn't exist. So no dog breeding can ever happen there again.

When the story broke...many people from that town were very, very surprised. This house is in the middle of two little pokey towns. Population 135 for one town... and maybe 2000 at most for the other town (land wise those 2000 are really spread out). Being that there is 3 miles inbetween these two towns. The house sits basically in a cornfield. No other homes around. Approx. 60 feet off of a two lane highway that is heavily driven. The owner of the home...the guilty no good you know what is also a well known last name in the county.
Things like this just make you sick.

Last I heard he pleaded guilty, but it's very doubtful he's going to do any time. I think he was fined maybe $10,000.00 BIG DEAL !!!
He has a wife & kids (adults). They live there, why aren't they being arrested ? They are just as guilty.
This just makes me sick and once again I can't write what I really feel, cause I would be bleeped off the site.
Sillypups, you are a lot closer to this than any of the other posters. But no one knows what goes on behind closed doors, right? The only thing that'd keep me from doing "something" if I were in your shoes, is that I'd have to turn myself in - and then go to jail. I'd get more time then them.

10K is nothing but a little pinch for these sub-human yokels. I don't know why the wife and kids weren't arrested. If it's illegal to fight the dogs, and they watched, I would think they could be charged? But as latetotheparty said, the laws there are not the most stringent.

Maybe when you drive by, say a prayer for the dogs? I don't know how religious you are, but I sure don't think it can hurt.

Last edited by Wicked Felina; 09-26-2009 at 06:55 PM..

Old 09-27-2009, 09:46 AM

7,360 posts, read 7,551,757 times
that video is so heartbreaking - after all they've been put through, the dogs are wagging their tails, letting themselves be carried by the volunteers, etc. they're so happy to see people, to be petted and to receive human affection. it's so sad.

i'm going to post the video on the pit bull thread in politics. i hope you don't mind.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:29 PM

2,402 posts, read 3,188,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Sillypups, you are a lot closer to this than any of the other posters. But no one knows what goes on behind closed doors, right? The only thing that'd keep me from doing "something" if I were in your shoes, is that I'd have to turn myself in - and then go to jail. I'd get more time then them.

10K is nothing but a little pinch for these sub-human yokels. I don't know why the wife and kids weren't arrested. If it's illegal to fight the dogs, and they watched, I would think they could be charged? But as latetotheparty said, the laws there are not the most stringent.

Maybe when you drive by, say a prayer for the dogs? I don't know how religious you are, but I sure don't think it can hurt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I totally agree with you.
Latetotheparty...is so correct...but they are getting a bit more tougher than they use to be. If I were in charge...and I found these dogs...I would fry those #%*&%X#@ on the spot. There is no excuse for this. Fry...fry... fry...I say. I would be happy to supply the peanut oil...as much as is needed & then some.

I do pray for those dogs...all dogs that are abused. That's why we rescue Rotts. The last Rotty we rescued had been beat so badly & starved. This poor baby...his spine was curved...and still is, but not as bad. His hair has grown in, cause what hair he did have was like a brillo pad wire. Scars...cuts... and all he wanted was love. Believe me he gets as much love as he wants...and then some. He has more stuffed animals & balls then most kids. He eats 3 cups of food twice a day, cookies & carrots & green beans & still putting on a few pounds as needed. Don't want him to gain too much.
He is the most gentle, loving baby boy we've ever rescued. His weight is 102# now...from 42# at age approx. 1 years old. He is happy & so loved. He's one of the lucky ones. I wish we could rescue them all.

I had to change the subject so I could lower my BP...

Old 09-27-2009, 12:31 PM

7,762 posts, read 9,100,967 times
Quote:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I totally agree with you.
Latetotheparty...is so correct...but they are getting a bit more tougher than they use to be. If I were in charge...and I found these dogs...I would fry those #%*&%X#@ on the spot. There is no excuse for this. Fry...fry... fry...I say. I would be happy to supply the peanut oil...as much as is needed & then some.

I do pray for those dogs...all dogs that are abused. That's why we rescue Rotts. The last Rotty we rescued had been beat so badly & starved. This poor baby...his spine was curved...and still is, but not as bad. His hair has grown in, cause what hair he did have was like a brillo pad wire. Scars...cuts... and all he wanted was love. Believe me he gets as much love as he wants...and then some. He has more stuffed animals & balls then most kids. He eats 3 cups of food twice a day, cookies & carrots & green beans & still putting on a few pounds as needed. Don't want him to gain too much.
He is the most gentle, loving baby boy we've ever rescued. His weight is 102# now...from 42# at age approx. 1 years old. He is happy & so loved. He's one of the lucky ones. I wish we could rescue them all.

I had to change the subject so I could lower my BP...
FORTY TWO POUNDS?!?!?!?!??!??!

Old 09-27-2009, 12:52 PM

YES...42 pounds, how this poor guy was alive when found I'll never know. He was just bones, no muscle...no fat...hardly any hair. Kudos to the rescue group in Hills**** that took him away from the owner, on a back road. The crazy guy even asked the rescuers if they wanted his stick ..."cause it worked well on him". The rescuers did take the stick & the one man broke it & threw it out the window down the road from this guy.

Our baby boy actually looks like a Rottweiler now...and very spoiled rotten.

Too many crazy people in this world of ours.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
YES...42 pounds, how this poor guy was alive when found I'll never know.

Our baby boy actually looks like a Rottweiler now...and very spoiled rotten.
Unbelievable, 42 lbs on a rottie. I can't imagine it. A former colleague of mine raised rotties. I remember meeting one of their champion pullers (I think that's what they're called). That dog weighed nearly 180 pounds - and was a big ol' baby to boot. He also thought he was a lap dog! I don't remember, but have you posted pics of your pup?

Spoiling them to death can only partly make up for what they went through. But sometimes, it's the only thing we are able to do. And I so appreciate those of you who are able to transport, rescue and love these innocents.

Sillypups...karma rocks, to coin a phrase, and that's a good thing to keep in mind.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:11 AM

Default All our rotty rescues have been spoiled to the max...

Here are just a few we have rescued over the last 25 years.

Everyone of the Rotties we have rescued... have become the most beloved baby bears...anyone would want. We have kept everyone we have rescued...because they become family as soon as we see/meet them.

Yes...to go back to the thread topic & question...it is VERY HARD to drive by this guys house. It is so sad.
The beautiful Fay...who no longer has her lips because of this horrible person(s) and what they have done. I think they should have their lips ripped off as well. Maybe they would think twice before hurting another dog. Something has to be done to these terrible people that abuse animals.
Attached Thumbnails
Missouri fighting ring raid-cimg4798.jpg   Missouri fighting ring raid-schev-auggie-yogi-abby-2001-posers.jpg   Missouri fighting ring raid-cimg0878.jpg   Missouri fighting ring raid-cimg1728.jpg  

Old 09-28-2009, 10:38 AM

If I could, I would take beautiful Fay - or any of them - and at least they would get to live their lives in peace, with thousands of tennis balls to play with. Again, I can't fathom having to drive by that torture chamber.

All our rotty rescues have been spoiled to the max... As they well should be! Pretty funny that you kept all of the rescues, or maybe they just refused to leave ~ . You know they will be well taken care of if you keep them!

They sure look happy to me, with their smiles and beautiful coats. Thank you for posting some of their pictures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs