Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 12:52 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times

Advertisements

lol- yes- they get less wrinkles as they age!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2007, 12:47 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,914,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
This is sunny-
CUTE!

Old 05-15-2007, 03:59 PM

378 posts, read 1,203,538 times
Default St Bernard

I once lived in San Jose, way back in my flaming youth. (flaming youth? in San Jose???) Onward... I drove an MGB and had a huge St Bernard, Claudine, who loved to ride in it. One evening I was taking her for a ride, top down, both of us enjoying it immensely. I had gotten dark, I was on a four-lane road and I had to stop at a red light. I was in the center lane. In a few seconds a car slid up next to me on my passenger side and also stopped for the light. I looked at Claudine, who was giving the guy in the other car the once-over, as he was turning to her to give HER the once-over.

At this point he leaned over toward me and said, "Buddy... Your wife is the ugliest woman I have EVER seen."

Light turned green, the guy sped off and left me sitting through at least one more light, laughing hard.

Old 05-15-2007, 04:51 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,159,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoJimo View Post
I once lived in San Jose, way back in my flaming youth. (flaming youth? in San Jose???) Onward... I drove an MGB and had a huge St Bernard, Claudine, who loved to ride in it. One evening I was taking her for a ride, top down, both of us enjoying it immensely. I had gotten dark, I was on a four-lane road and I had to stop at a red light. I was in the center lane. In a few seconds a car slid up next to me on my passenger side and also stopped for the light. I looked at Claudine, who was giving the guy in the other car the once-over, as he was turning to her to give HER the once-over.

At this point he leaned over toward me and said, "Buddy... Your wife is the ugliest woman I have EVER seen."

Light turned green, the guy sped off and left me sitting through at least one more light, laughing hard.
OHHHHHH. I used to have a MGB, after a MGA, back in that wonderful era of youth too and I had a German Shepherd sitting right next to me everywhere I went. Not too many people got that close.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:58 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
I have two one-year-old tuxedo cats, male and female littermates, whose favorite toy is a plastic wiffle golf ball. They sit halfway up the steps, and as I throw the ball to them, they reach up and snag it with their claws, just like a shortstop.

Sometimes they get a little too enthusiastic and slam their heads into the wall (just like a good outfielder, LOL) and then shake their heads and look dazed for about five minutes or so. Then they meow for me to throw the ball again.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:53 PM

2 posts, read 1,686 times
I used to have two bunnies. Huahua (flower flower) and diangdiang (smudge/dot). they were the best. I trained them for agility courses XD using a lettuce to make them go under the pole between the two wheels of the laundry hangers, twirl in a circle, jump back over, then stand. soon, they did it on their own. they were so smart! huahua loved to open the pull up cage door on her own and sneak out in the night. Of course, it's hard to lose a rabbit in a little apartment in China, so we always found her. Soon, we decided to put a paper clip on the cage door. Magically, she managed to unwind it and always get away again. We gave up and just let her go free in the house, always being careful where to step ^^

Old 06-18-2011, 11:55 PM

2 posts, read 1,686 times
Huahua got away for a whole week once. She slipped out when i took her outside to play. Night soon came, and I was worried. But she didn't show up. I cried and cried. Then, I finally bought a new bunny, a miniature version of huahua! I went outside to play with the little bunny who could barely walk (so cute and fluffy) It had been a week. Then, as I let her play with the little bell in a ball, huahua came out. I caught her ^^

Old 06-19-2011, 12:02 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
I have a very large and dark German Shepherd Dog, it is his pic on my facebook page. We live back in the woods, can not see the street from anywhere in our yard (a 2.5 acre clearing in our 11.26 acre plot of land) My nephew, age 9 came to me upset one day, we try to get him for a week or so every summer, He was trying to go out to the road to get the mail, Dreifus would not let him get out of our clearing, much less let him go out the drive to the road. When Children arrive at our little clearing in the woods, they automatically become a charge, for the dog. He is quite diligent in keeping children safe, even from themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs