Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 06:49 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,942,365 times

Advertisements

If you live in a tick area any medication needs to be supplemented by YOUR vigilance on a daily basis! Between toes, under ear flaps, etc. EVERY DAY. The meds aren't miracles! It usually takes about 24 h for the tick to die, but you do NOT want the tick to be on your dog that long!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 06:55 PM

4 posts, read 2,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
We recently moved to an apparently tick infested area. We keep finding ticks on my dog. He gets Revolution monthly. Why wouldn't this keep them away? Is there anything else we can do to keep the ticks off him? They are sooooo creepy. I would really like to do something to get rid of them altogether as I fear we will next be finding them on our kids/selves too. I have read that even frost doesn't kill them. Anybody know of a good way to be rid of ticks once and for all? TIA
I do know for fact that Dr Bronners 18 in 1 hemp and Castile orhmganic soap with eucalyptos oil seems to help if used once or twice weekly and some pure eucalyptos oil on the collar and sprayed around bedding too. The fleas and ticks hate the smell and will avoid it hence preventing bites and infestations. Its safe inexpensive but a lot of repetitive work but it works and you can even use it to wish your clothes hair and vegetables its kosher organic and non toxic to humans and animals but it does cone in peppermint too though I find personally its not as effective as a pest deterant . its the eucalyptos that works and though the t gives you and your dog that HIPPIE SMELL I'd rather smell like a hippie than be suffering tickdms and fleas or risking seizures and other setimes fatal reactions to all the chemical pesticides that don't seem to help anymore . I'd be careful about pure essential oils directly on your dogs and cats skin without first diluting it and making certain it won't be licked off it is likely going to be very bad to ingest as with any essential oil .just use common sense and repeat as often as needed .when you can't smell it on yoyr dog anymore chances are good its time for another bath .be sure to rinse well the scent will linger I use it myself so I am confident you'll see results too . hope this helps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs