Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 01:38 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,116,892 times

Advertisements

Totally disagree. I had a cat that was declawed (previous owners) that lived a long, happy and healthy life with us. If it is what the owner feels needs to be done then it is very much their right to do it to keep the animal alive and out of a shelter.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:46 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,292,628 times
I have had seveal declawed cats & only 1 was a biter....& she was that BEFORE the declaw!! All but 2 declawed cats still cought mice! And all loved to get on top of my cabinets & walk the curtian tops! All did things normal cats did & all lived long & happy lives!
Debarked dogs still Bark & none of them became bitters! tho I will admit I have only been around the 3 I prevously talked about! All 3 lived long & happy lives!

Old 10-18-2009, 01:58 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,371,426 times

As a parent, you don't silence your screaming child when it's inconvenient to you, why as an owner, should you be allowed to medically alter and possibly jeopardize your pet's health and safety.

I agree that anything is better than having the animal put to sleep. But the step that comes between that, and devocalizing them, is finding them a better home, with better more responsible owners.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:58 PM

622 posts, read 1,724,211 times
For every cat that is de clawed and lives well more don't then do... look up de clawing sometime.

www.LittleBigCat.com has a great article on it in their free article library (Declawing a rational look)

Also go to www.StopDeclaw.com.

( I was refurring to cats more then dogs, about my rant) However if aggressive breed like shep/pit is debarked feels a need to protect his home and people don't hear/heed his warning bites "could" happen, not likely if the owner is good and watchful, but many people who debark by free will, (that is not forced to do so by a LL/money) are the sort that will be lazy about things so I would not make it to be out of the realms of possiblity..

These feelings are the reasons why good informed people like myself must if their lives change for the worse have their pets destroyed or carefully re homed to protect them from a clueless insane world.

No buddy likes it, but I think animals should live either good lives or none at all besides it happens ALL the time regaurdless you'll never stop it until a mass spay/neuter law is made which will NEVER happen.

Last edited by PantherPride; 10-18-2009 at 02:15 PM..

Old 10-18-2009, 06:18 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,292,628 times
Sorry But This doesnt even make a bit of sence! Dogs have been Debarked for Decades & I have yet to hear of any dog bites from Debarked dogs & not 1 stating the person counld Not hear the dog Before they were bit. So your Statements make no sence!!

Old 10-19-2009, 07:17 PM

622 posts, read 1,724,211 times
Dogs bark when they feel threatened, if ya don't heed watch out...duh!

People can be so dumb it just boggles my mind.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:47 AM

606 posts, read 1,234,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
I just got forwarded an e-mail about some nimrod owner who CUT OUT their dog's vocal chords because it barked too much...disgusting and unbelieveably cruel! If people can't learn to train their dogs properly to take care of unwanted behavior, they shouldn't be allowed to have a dog! I'm so sick over this, I'm in tears...that poor dog will now never be able to communicate if a potential threat surfaces, express joy, or let someone know he's hungry...! This needs to be made illegal, (as does de-clawing cats IMO) I've attached a link to the petition, please PLEASE sign and speak out against this atrocious act!!!

[SIZE=2]Take action >> http://www.care2.com/go/z/e/AFQjf/zJVz/APHLO[/SIZE]
This is so ****ing outragous! I will not even click on that link cause I know that I will be in tears reading it! OMG I am so ticked off about this!!!!! I think personally that barking is the dogs way of "communicating". Why take that away from the dog. Also, if I had a barking dog I would never move to an area where as the barking bothers people due to the proximity of the homes, condo etc....Poor dog!

Last edited by 8palmtrees; 10-20-2009 at 04:01 AM..

Old 10-20-2009, 04:41 AM

43 posts, read 128,970 times
Default Its truly outraged!!!!

THIS IS TRULY OUTRAGED!!!! EVEN THOUGH MY DOG, EBONY ALWAYS BARKS WHEN ITS LONELY OR SEES ME EATING FOOD, I JUST GO OUT AND PLAY WITH IT AND IT WILL BE QUIET FOR THE WHOLE DAY UNLESS ITS REALLY LONELY AGAIN OR SEE FOOD. I would not de-bark them at all even if i hate it to bark!! Its cruel. They should send the people to jail for doing it. Just like in America and Australia, if people cut the dog's tail then they go to jail.
Cut tail, Go Jail

You can even train them to not bark! I just do not know why people do these stuff to animals..... It is totally UN-NECESSARY!! They shouldn't even get a dog if they hated dog barks! They should at least get fishes or turtles more better!! But if they love dogs and want it so much they mind as well get a more of a drooling dog and lazy one. Instead of an active one that always wants to run.... I feel sad now I want to cry!! And yes it is true dogs BARK to communicate. MY friend has a golden retriever called Sandy that was fully trained. They trained it to bark once to let them know its hungry and also trained it to bark twice to let them know the water bowl is out of water. Just like us, imagine if the person was the dog and the dog was you. The dog would be sad to get their voice chords cut off. Sometimes, think before doing it. Thats what I do.

I wanted to get a Shih Tzu next year for my birthday but I thought that its fur when its really long would be tangled and hard to maintain for me. So now just be happy for what you get. Just like poor people they want to have a normal life like us. Even they appreciate for what they have. So just think if you were the dog and the person cut off YOUR voice chords! You'll also be sad like the dog! I hope what you done you regret! Cuz you can't get it back!!

Last edited by PetLover321; 10-20-2009 at 04:51 AM.. Reason: Adding more infomation

Old 10-20-2009, 06:35 AM

18,120 posts, read 11,754,865 times
Another thread that saddens me. I'm totally against this. I encourage my Goldens to speak to me and truly love their sounds.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:09 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
Another thread that saddens me. I'm totally against this. I encourage my Goldens to speak to me and truly love their sounds.

Try living with shelties that Never. Shut. Up. EVER. Growing up with them nearly ruined me on dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs