Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 03:45 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times

Advertisements

I gave my puppies "their sock" for the toy box. Others were not to be touched. They learned quick.
I tied a knot in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 04:48 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,028,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I gave my puppies "their sock" for the toy box. Others were not to be touched. They learned quick.
I tied a knot in it.
I tried that with Jasper as a puppy. THAT's what got him started on socks in the first place. He liked it so much he wanted them all.

I had some cute ones before he "eated them"!

Whats the best, most fun way to wear out two dogs of differing ages???

Last edited by Colddiamond102; 10-19-2009 at 04:56 PM..

Old 10-19-2009, 05:13 PM

519 posts, read 1,377,040 times
OMG I laughed so hard reading this. Isn't it funny how much they are truly like kids. I have 2 Collies they are alot closer in age, so its not as challenging, I get bones/treats out for them and they fight over them even though they both got one, Molly wants the one Maddie had, and then Molly wants the one that Maddie had and go figure if ya switch then they want the other one back again. Gezzhhh makes me tired thinking about it. LOL
I have 2 kids that thankfully help wear my two out or I'd be in the same boat as you.
I am lucky for the most part they are pretty good, oh wait I forgot I bought some sugar cookies at a bakery and we all got one and guess what the girls finished them off for us. Well I tried.
Good luck I will continue to read your post maybe I can get some answers to. LOL

Old 10-19-2009, 05:20 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,088,529 times
First, I hope you are getting this on video! Then--lots of exercise--any fenced areas where they can run and you can relax a bit? Even pet parents need a break.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tama View Post
First, I hope you are getting this on video! Then--lots of exercise--any fenced areas where they can run and you can relax a bit? Even pet parents need a break.
No video so far...I can try though. You'd hear my Southern coming out really thick at times.
Only in the backyard, and the puppy is a little escape artist that can squeeze through the crack between the fence pole and the fence, so we have to keep him inside or on a leash till he gets a bit bigger.

Then, I'll have to deal with digging, as Jupiter has already demonstrated at the park that he believes he is a shovel with fur, who's mission is to dig to China.
Im afraid Jasper is someday going to teach him The Flying Leap...which has ruined many mornings sleeping in, as well as naps on the couch. Jupiter cant reach the couch yet, but he's trying! He currently helps Jasper's Leap by going after unsuspecting toes. Wont be long before he leaps too...

Old 10-21-2009, 07:53 PM

Update:

Was looking for my work shoes this morning. Looked everywhere....and guess where I found them, with a certain puppy gnawing happily on my shoelaces?

In the toybox. <

Old 10-22-2009, 07:05 AM

519 posts, read 1,377,040 times
Oh this is sooooo funny thanks for sharing.
Gotta love those pups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs